Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: AdGooroo Launches New Tool, Google’s Candidate Cards & Today’s Google Doodle
Amy Gesenhues on January 26, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AdGooroo Launches Competitive Insights For Local Paid Search
Jan 26, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new tool provides keyword, ad copy and budget insights at a city level.
- Google Introduces Candidate Cards In Search For Presidential Election Season
Jan 26, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google is giving Republican and Democratic candidates a privileged place in search in 2016. The company has launched what it says is an experimental feature that will create a prominent placement for the candidates’ own messages and content in a horizontal carousel in search results.
- Search Update Impact On SEO & Content Strategies: Staying Ahead With A Focus On Quality
Jan 26, 2016 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu explores how Google’s numerous algorithm updates over the years have shaped search engine optimization strategies. Can this information provide a clue for what to expect in the future?
- New Google Research: Can The Long Tail Be Covered Without Broad Match?
Jan 26, 2016 by Matt Lawson
Wondering about the benefits of using broad match? Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson got his hands on real Google data to put the debate to rest.
- Who Invented The Mechanical Television? John Logie Baird Google Doodle Marks TV’s 90th Anniversary
Jan 26, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
On this day in 1926, John Logie Baird demonstrated his “televisor” invention for the Royal Institution and The Times of London.
- Click-to-Call: 5 Surprising Insights About the Automotive Industry
Jan 26, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Marchex
The automotive industry is no stranger to click-to-call advertising, where there is an estimated $4 billion spend on Google call extensions.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Audience Network Opens Up To Mobile Web
- Butterfinger Goes #BolderThanBold With Billy Eichner In New Super Bowl 50 Teaser Ad
- Cross-Channel Audience Management Is Top Focus For IAB Members In 2016 [Study]
- AOL Launches Publisher Side Of ONE Platform
- Twitter Names Leslie Berland CMO
- 2 New Reasons That Email Attribution Is Not A Straight Line
- The War On Bots: No Time For Doom & Gloom
- Is Affiliate Marketing A Viable Business Model In 2016?
- Snickers “Happy Birthday” Super Bowl Teaser Ad Reimagines Marilyn Monroe’s Iconic Performance
- Video Ad Platform Videology Adds Ability To Buy Viewable Impressions Verified By Third-Party Vendors
- MarTech Today: Google Glass Shutters Social Accounts, UnsubCentral’s Options & Fixing Link Rot
- OpenX Aims To Make Guaranteed Buys Truly Programmatic With RTG
- Amazon Prime Membership Grew 35% In US Last Year [Report]
- Marketers Can’t Target Ads to Twitter VIPs
- Google Offers More Details On Ads In AMP, Set To Launch In Search Next Month
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
- Merger of Qualia And BlueCava Brings Together Users’ Multiple Devices With What They Want To Buy
Search News From Around The Web:
- Bing Elections 2016: Who will win Iowa and New Hampshire?, Bing Search Blog
- Chrome gets a security panel to help developers deploy HTTPS, Venture Beat
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- Boost your productivity by using Google Analytics custom alerts, State of Digital
- Many Google AdSense Publishers Didn’t Receive Their January 2016 Payments, Search Engine Roundtable
- PPC Account Setup For SMB Ecommerce Clients, PPC Hero
- PPC Management Tips that will Maximize Your Return, Ignite Visibility
- What Are Smart Goals? Google Analytics and AdWords, Search Engine Journal
- Image Search and Trends in Google Search Using FreeBase Entity Numbers, SEO By The Sea
- Aftermath: What You Need to Know About the Mobilegeddon, Social Media Explorer
- Google Expanding Rich Snippet Support Adding JSON-LD, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Updating Images Can Take Months; We Don’t Index Them Frequently, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Matt Cutts Suspects Core Updates Were So Drastic Due To End Of Year Code Freeze, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO New Years Resolutions for 2016, ProBlogger
- SX – The Initiative Missing from Your 2016 SEO Plan, LunaMetrics
- The Most Important Things We Learned About Google’s Panda Algo, moz.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Ahrefs, Koozai
- What to Trust for SEO in 2016, CMS Wire
- Your WordPress SEO Cheat Sheet, Distilled