Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: AMP images, Google Maps promoted places & machine learning
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AMP results now showing in Google Image Search
Dec 15, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
AMP is now showing up in the mobile Google Image search results.
- Retailers testing Google Maps mobile Promoted Places ads include MAC Cosmetics, Starbucks, Walgreens
Dec 15, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The promoted pins in Google Maps are being tested on Android devices.
- What the heck is machine learning, and why should I care?
Dec 15, 2016 by Dave Davies
Understanding the impact of machine learning will be crucial to adjusting our search marketing strategies — but probably not in the way you think. Columnist Dave Davies explains.
- Finally going mobile-friendly, but on a collision course with Google’s mobile-first index [Case Study]
Dec 15, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
Google’s index has been shifting toward ‘mobile-first,’ making mobile pages the default pages for ranking purposes. Columnist Glenn Gabe uses a case study to illustrate some of the issues this might pose for site owners.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- See how 16 leading digital analytics platform providers stack up
- Monetizing your digital marketing expertise
- The next Bing thing: Get your Bing campaigns in top shape for 2017
- Adobe Primetime adds TV Media Management Platform
- Facebook to use crowdsourcing, fact-checkers and labels to combat fake news
- Report: Verizon using Yahoo hacking to ask for $1 billion price concession
- Hold that SDK: Mobile app advertising help is on the way
- Reserve with Google: Deeper booking integration through search and Maps
- Amazon delivered its first order via drone
- Google agrees to change when it scans emails for ad targeting
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #38: Facebook’s measurement mistakes with Jeanne Bright of DigitasLBi
- Why influencers are not programmatic
- #TheYouTubeAd contest recognizes AT&T, Budweiser, Old Spice & others for ‘iconic’ ads
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google My Business Expanding Wheelchair Accessibility Attributes, Mike Blumenthal
- Google AMP Rich Cards Have Drastically Lower CTR?, Search Engine Roundtable
- 9 Reasons Not To Use Rankings As Your Google SEO KPI, Search Engine People
- Google Says Nofollow Attribute May Help With Crawl Budgets For Large Sites, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Stats on Page Speed of AMP, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search