Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: AOL Powered By Bing, DuckDuckGo 12M Queries & SEO Topics
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Results & Ads Now Live On AOL Search
Jan 4, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The Bing-AOL search deal announced last year went into effect over the weekend.
- DuckDuckGo Ends 2015 On A High Note, Reaches 12M Searches In A Single Day
Jan 4, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The privacy search engine averaged more than 10 million searches per day by the end of the year.
- Authors Guild Appeals Lower Court Decision Backing Google’s Book Digitizing Project
Jan 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
The issue is whether Google’s project violates the copyrights of some of the millions of scanned books, or whether it has a valid “fair use” exception.
- 10 Ways To Simplify Your Local Marketing Strategy In 2016
Jan 4, 2016 by Wesley Young
Looking back at lessons learned last year and expected trends for this year, columnist Wesley Young cuts through the clutter and suggests ways to make your marketing strategy simpler, clearer and easier to execute.
- Forget Your Testimonials Page, 2016 Is The Year Of Reviews
Jan 4, 2016 by Greg Gifford
Let’s face it: Customers aren’t reading your testimonials page. So what can you put in its place? Columnist Greg Gifford shares his ideas.
- A Year In Review: Search Engine Land’s Top 10 Columns Of 2015
Dec 31, 2015 by Jessica Thompson
Which columns truly captivated our readers this year? We conclude our year-in-review series by highlighting our most widely read columns of 2015.
- Definitive Guide To Duplicate Research For Local SEO
Dec 31, 2015 by Joy Hawkins
Wondering how to identify and clean up your duplicate map listings? Columnist Joy Hawkins has you covered.
- What Will Hatch Tomorrow In Google’s New Year’s Eve Doodle
Dec 31, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy New Years and have some fun by checking out the Google Doodle as it hatches.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook’s Human News Feed Raters Are Now Working Worldwide
- TurboTax Super Bowl 50 Ad Campaign Proves It Doesn’t Take A Genius To Do Your Taxes
- Why Tag Management Is The Way Forward In 2016
- Two Mobile Marketing Questions You Shouldn’t Ask, And The One That Really Matters
- 5 Trends In Local Search In 2015
- The Big Wrap-Up: The Top 10 Columns On Marketing Land In 2015
- 2016 Resolutions For Affiliate Advertisers: 5 Steps To A Successful Year Ahead
- MarTech Today: Twitter’s Mac Client, Ad Networks & Big Data To Win Back Users
- LeadPages Wants Its New “Center” Product To Conduct Your Marketing Orchestra
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google looks to expand in Alameda, Mercury News
- SEO and inter-team relations (Tomas Vaitulevicius), SiteVisibility
- Google’s John Mueller Working On New Years, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- A look back at Google Maps in 2015, Google LatLong
- Inside Foursquare’s Pilgrim technology, techinsider.io
- Which Is the Best Backlink Checker Tool? (Infographic), Stone Temple
- Google Adds "View on Twitter" To Twitter Results In Search, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Updates Mobile Interface For NFL Sports Scores, Search Engine Roundtable
- 10 Must-Have Tools for Small Business SEO, Search Engine Guide
- 7 SEO Trends That May Dominate the Web in 2016, SEM Rush
- Google Cache Shows AngularJS As Nothing But Fetch & Render Works, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Doesn’t Send Old Reconsideration Request To Webmasters, Search Engine Roundtable
- Infographic: The Most Important Google Search Algorithm Updates Of 2015, E2M Blog
- Hiring an SEO Agency for 2016? 11 Questions You Must Ask, semrush.com
- Don’t Just Manage Your Reputation—Improve it, Moz
- Expedite Google Indexing Your New Robots.txt File, Search Engine Roundtable
- Going International on Google, David Naylor
- Importance of SEO, Content & Link Building, digitalthirdcoast.net
- Matt Cutts Shares His Notes On The PageRank Document Before Even Joining Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Build the Right Traffic Metrics Dashboard for 2016 – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Video: Google New Years Update, Kayne West Gay Fish & New Years Logos, Search Engine Roundtable
- Website migration guide: a Google Analytics & Tag Manager checklist, Branded3