Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bad Link Building, Landy Award Winner & Festive Paid Ads
Barry Schwartz on October 13, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Holidays Are Comin’: Preparing Your Paid Search Programs For The Festive Season
Oct 13, 2015 by Laura Collins
Time to start planning those Black Friday campaigns! Columnist Laura Collins shares her tips for getting the most out of your paid search campaigns this holiday season.
- 10 Worst Link-Building Habits
Oct 13, 2015 by Julie Joyce
Are you guilty of any of these bad link-building habits? Julie Joyce discusses 10 of the worst ones she’s seen in her own experience.
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: How SearchMarketers.com Won Overall Small Business SEM Initiative For Its Surf Air Campaign
Oct 13, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Granular targeting and key technology integrations helped increase memberships for the agency’s client Surf Air.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Email Delivery Report Finds 21% Of Marketing Emails Fail To Reach Consumer Inboxes
- Watch Out, YouTube: Facebook Is Finally Building A Video Hub
- Don’t Waste Marketing Leads: Achieve Revenue Goals With Sales Enablement
- iOS 9 Content Blocking Reports For Google Analytics
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Confirms Company Will Lay Off 336 Employees
- Can The Timehop Concept Work For Email Marketing?
- Simply Measured Acquires Social Intelligence Firm DataRank
- Mobile CPMs Now Higher And Growing Faster Than Desktop [Study]
- Report: Mobile To Dominate Programmatic Advertising, Leave Desktop In The Dust
- Virtual Reality: Google Cardboard vs. Facebook’s Oculus Like Android vs. iOS
- What Marketers Need To Know About Facebook’s New & Existing Product Ads
Search News From Around The Web:
- Pierre Far Leaves Google After Almost Five Years, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- New Local Search and Deeper Crawl Features Give Marketers and SEOs Better Data, GinzaMetrics
- From sea to shining sea with Street View, Google LatLong
- Google Maps New Interface Has A Collapsable Search Box, Search Engine Roundtable
- Numbering the points on a Path or Polygon with KML, Google Earth Blog
- 10 Ways to Use CrazyEgg for Smarter Local SEO, LocalVisibilitySystem.com
- 3 Common Reasons Why You’re Afraid To Start A Freelance SEO Career, Ahrefs
- Google Search Console To Get More Accurate, Faster & Useful Reports, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Search Console Updates Data Anomalies Page, thesempost.com
- Google Wants To Know How You Understand The Content Keywords Search Console Report, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Best Practices for On Page Ranking, ProBlogger
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords API v201502 sunset reminder, Google Ads Developer Blog
- How to Pivot PPC Bidding When Goals Shift, Metric Theory
- Index Census And Trends Data For PPC Insights, PPC Hero