Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Bing Ads On AOL, SEO Test & The New SMX
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 9 Examples Of Link-Worthy Resources For E-Commerce Sites
Jan 5, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Wondering how to get links to your internal e-commerce pages? Columnist Julie Joyce showcases some companies who are using creative tactics and content to attract links.
- Bridge The Worlds Of IT & Marketing At MarTech. Lowest Rates Expire Saturday!
Jan 5, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Don’t miss the only MarTech in North America this year! Check out the topics and who’s speaking below. Register this week and save $500 on all of the sessions, networking activities and an expo full of leading solution providers. Lowest rates expire on Saturday. Register today!
- Making the Most Of Google Analytics Audiences Within Your Search Campaigns
Jan 5, 2016 by Laura Collins
Search marketers, have you been using Google Analytics in conjunction with Remarketing Lists for Search Ads? If not, columnist Laura Collins is here to explain the benefits.
- Test Your Knowledge Of SEO
Jan 5, 2016 by Eric Enge
Think you’re an SEO guru? Take Eric Enge’s SEO quiz and see how well you do!
- What Is Your SEO Learning Program?
Jan 5, 2016 by Eric Enge
How do you train and onboard new SEO hires quickly and efficiently to ensure maximum productivity? Columnist Eric Enge shares how TripAdvisor (as well as his own company) is achieving this through education.
- Bing Now Powers AOL Search: What Advertisers Need To Know
Jan 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Here’s what’s changing in Bing Ads with the addition of AOL to the network.
- New Year, New Look For Search Engine Land’s SMX Search Marketing Conference
Jan 5, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Search Marketing Expo gets a new logo, site makeover and a new tagline: “Obsessed With SEO & SEM”
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 10,000 Character Tweets May Arrive On Twitter Later This Month
- SunTrust Bank Announces Its Debut Appearance As Super Bowl Advertiser
- Amazon: Adoption Of Sponsored Products Ads Grew By 100 Percent in 2015
- Twitter Launches Conversational Ads To Get People Tweeting About Brands
- What Every Startup Needs To Know About Marketing
- Flurry: Phablets Will Become Dominant Media Consumption Devices
- Snapchat Is Reportedly Developing An API For Advertising
- The Contrarian Guide To Online Marketing
- 5 Predictions For 2016 After Reaching “Peak Martech”
- MarTech Today: Facebook’s Human Raters, Tag Management & LeadPages’ “Center”
Search News From Around The Web:
- 10 Predictions for 2016 in SEO & Web Marketing, Moz
- Google Paid $380 Million for Diane Greene, Enterprise SVP, and Bebop, Re/code
- Google signs lease for office building to be built by Calvano Development Co. and Carlyle Group, Silicon Valley Business Journal
Local & Maps
- Bing Local Testing Save Place Feature in Local Knowledge Panel, thesempost.com
- Google Inside Street View Is Fast & Inexpensive, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Still No Release Date For Penguin 4.0, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Indexing of Twitter: Has It Increased?, Stone Temple
- How To Use Reverse Image Search, Search Engine People
- SEO Dashboard from Majestic, blog.majestic.com
- Twitter search alternatives & tools (post-Topsy), White.net
- How My #1 Website Got Deindexed From Google, lazharichir.com
- Google Looking For Search Console AMP Beta Testers, Search Engine Roundtable
- Optimize Your Content for Humans & Search Engines, Online Marketing Blog
- Yelp Using App Interstitial But Keeps Mobile-Friendly Tag & Ranking Boost, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Google AdWords Features You Should Be Using In 2016, verticalmeasures.com
- How Paid Search Can Drive More Mobile App Downloads, Metric Theory
- Fix Your Remarketing Campaign In 5 Steps, PPC Hero
- Hiding spam from Ahrefs and Majestic, Sucuri Labs
- SEO and Civil Law: Protecting Yourself from Unfortunate Client Disputes, State of Digital