Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Bing Halloween, Amazon Echo, AdWords Cross-Device & RankBrain
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- FAQ: All About The New Google RankBrain Algorithm
Oct 27, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Google’s using a machine learning technology called RankBrain to help deliver its search results. Here’s what’s we know about it so far.
- Jet.com Dominating Halloween Costume Advertisers In Google Shopping
Oct 27, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The e-commerce start-up is making a significant push with Product Listing Ads this Halloween season.
- AdWords Cross-Device Conversions Now Rolled Into Conversions Column, Available For Bid Strategies
Oct 27, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
AdWords brings cross-device conversions into the fold, no longer separating it from single-device and single-browser conversion counts for reporting and bid automation.
- Bing Brings On Halloween With a Spooky Map, Cortana Costume Suggestions & A Horror Movie Game
Oct 27, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Ask Cortana “What should I wear for Halloween?” or “Guess the horror movie” to play Bing’s Halloween-themed game.
- Supporting New Marketing Initiatives With Link Building
Oct 27, 2015 by Andrew Dennis
One of the biggest reasons Fortune 500 companies need links is to support new marketing. Columnist Andrew Dennis explains how this works, using two big brands as examples.
- Amazon Echo Now Offers Local Search With Help From Yelp
Oct 27, 2015 by Matt McGee
Voice assistant offers basic business information via audio, additional details in its mobile app.
- Travel’s New Digital Funnel — How Consumer Buying Continues to Evolve
Oct 27, 2015 by Search Engine Land
How travelers are changing the way they search, shop and buy.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Content: It’s Not Another Channel
- Mobile Vs. Desktop: Mobile Won, But You Might Still Be Losing
- RankBrain: How Google Is Using Artificial Intelligence To Rank Web Pages
- Hootsuite Offers Free Version Of Hootsuite Campaigns For Lead Generation
- TV Producers, Advertisers Need To Leverage The Web’s Largest Focus Group: Social Data
- UGC Platform Chute Can Now See
- MarTech Today: Twitter’s TrueVoice, Google’s RankBrain & Next Wave Of Voice Search
- Amazon Echo Gets Smarter With Local Business Listings From Yelp
- Predictive Marketing Platform AgilOne Tunes Up Its Predictions Of Customer Lifetime Value
- First Look: Twitter’s Promoted Moment For The Creed Movie
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google grants wish to a 97-year-old woman, Business Insider
- The 2016 Guide to Business & Digital Marketing Conferences, kristihines.com
Local & Maps
- Google Picks Up Unlinked Links But Doesn’t Pass Ranking Signals, Search Engine Roundtable
- Apps Really Are Transforming The Future of Search, State of Digital
- Google Revamping Google Search Console App Data, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s RankBrain: 9 Industry Experts Weigh In, thesempost.com
- Investigating Google RankBrain and Query Term Substitutions, gofishdigital.com
- Using 301, 404 and 410 Redirects to Maintain Search Rankings, digitalthirdcoast.net
SEM / Paid Search
- PPC Account Audit Survival Guide: Part 2, PPC Hero