Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Bing Profits, Unnatural Links & B2B SEO
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How To Recover From A Manual Action: “Unnatural Links To Your Site — Impacts Links”
Oct 23, 2015 by John E Lincoln
Though Google has outlined steps for recovering from this particular penalty, columnist John E Lincoln notes that the solution isn’t as simple as it sounds. Here is his method for removing this manual action from your account.
- Milestone: Bing Now Profitable As Windows 10 Success Boosts Usage
Oct 23, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Amid the flurry of earnings released yesterday, Microsoft announced a significant milestone: Bing is now profitable. On the earnings call, Microsoft’s CFO Amy Hood said “In search, we expect Bing’s strong trajectory to continue, remaining profitable for the remainder of the year.” According to comScore, Bing’s US market share is 20.7 percent. Microsoft reported yesterday […]
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot Army, Disneyland & Back To The Future
Oct 23, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
- How To Increase Qualified B2B SEO Traffic In 2016 & Beyond
Oct 23, 2015 by Tom Demers
Think search engine optimization doesn’t apply to B2B companies? Think again. Columnist Tom Demers discusses how.
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: How Piston Won Best Integration Of Search Into Cross-Channel Marketing For Its Mophie Campaign
Oct 23, 2015 by Greg Finn
The Super Bowl ad buy was just the beginning. Here’s how Piston helped Mophie end strong.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter’s Promoted Moments Will Get Its First Test Sunday
- Retailers: How To Engage Mobile Holiday Shoppers This Year
- Why The MQL Is A Shackle
- A CMO’s View: Xerox CMO Shares Strategy Behind Re-Branding One Of The World’s Top Brands
- Using Tech To Boost Content Marketing ROI: Dispatch From MarTech Europe
- Google’s New Shopping Insights Tool Shows Retailers Product Search Intent At The Local Level
- Human Intuition Vs. Marketing Data: Forging A New Alliance
- MarTech Today: 10 Marketing Tools, Instagram Launches Boomerang & RevJet’s Creative Platform
- Amazon Reports Strong Q3 Earnings: AWS Income Closes In On North America Retail Business
- Microsoft Q1 2016 Earnings Report: Revenue Down 12% YoY At $20.4 Billion
- Alphabet (Google) Q3 Beats With $18.7 Billion, Mobile Search Revenues “Strong”
Search News From Around The Web:
- Did Panda Cause These Often Disavowed Sites to Rebrand and Shut Down?, thesempost.com
- Google Depreciates Ajax SEO Crawling Scheme, How to Deal with It, ignitevisibility.com
- Google Image Search Reporting Issues in Search Console, thesempost.com
- Google Penguin Still Not Ready For Primetime Says Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says 40% Of Mobile Searches Return App Indexed Results In Top Five, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Zombie Traffic: Referral Conversions Dropping, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Upcoming changes to inactive ad group CPA bids in AdWords, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Video: Google Updates Go Unconfirmed, Yahoo Deals With Google, Facebook Search Expands & More, Search Engine Roundtable