Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Chrome without GoogleBot, stacked PPC bidding & local SEO
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- New study confirms Google doesn’t use Chrome browser data to discover new URLs
Mar 15, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
GoogleBot did not visit a test page that Chrome accessed days before.
- Here’s a script to help manage bids by keyword match type.
Mar 15, 2017 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys explains the concept of “stacked bidding” and provides an AdWords script to help monitor your tiered bids.
- National retailers: Stop ignoring local SEO
Mar 15, 2017 by Andrew Shotland
National retailers’ digital divisions often think of their websites as e-commerce sites first and local store sites second. Columnist Andrew Shotland explains why this mindset may be hurting their ability to get the most out of organic search.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google launches new effort to flag upsetting or offensive content in search
- UNILAD & The LAD Bible are the most-watched video makers for 8 straight months
- Ad-blocking concerns shift to the video ad industry
- 10 AdWords ad copy testing ideas you can use right now
- Selling the value of link building to management
- 7 questions your customers ask, and how your website must answer
- Salesforce explains why, when it has Einstein, it needs Watson’s intelligence
- Wayin opens a store where marketers can reuse their most successful campaigns
- 4 things developers really wish every marketer understood
- 3 ways your business can leverage third-party location data
- Is your organization ready to take the plunge into in-house video production?
- New location extension ad format now live on Google Display Network
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google 3 Local Pack – New Display – Test or Rollout?, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Says You Can Rank For Medium Competitive Keywords Without Links, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to build links for mind-blowing growth, Medium
- How To Write Content That Will Earn You Backlinks, searchenginepeople.com
- The 10 Commandments of Link Building, theupperranks.com
- Google can randomly share your search history with friends through its new messaging app, The Independent
- SearchResearch Challenge (3/15/17): Scandinavia?, SearchReSearch