Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Conversions, PPC Optimization & Wikidata
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Wikidata 101
Feb 10, 2016 by Clay Cazier
Columnist Clay Cazier guides you through the basics of Wikidata, explaining what it is, why it matters to SEO professionals and how you can leverage it.
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: The Value Of Brand Keywords (Part 2 of 8)
Feb 10, 2016 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman continues her series on brand bidding for PPC by discussing how brand terms improve the bottom line for advertisers.
- Content Marketing That Drives Conversions
Feb 9, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Relevant, engaging content now plays a critical role in nurturing prospects into the purchase funnel to become customers. How can marketers produce, distribute and optimize well-defined content assets — including blogs, email, infographics, landing pages and videos — to create deeper prospect engagement and contribute to business goals and bottom-line results? On Thursday, March 1, […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- John Sculley To Marketers: Don’t “Worry About The Technology,” Focus On The Customer
- Survey: SMBs Boosting Digital Media Spend Because Of Competition, Not ROI
- Data-Led Inbound Marketing, Part 2
- Jump-Start Your SEO With These 6 Surefire Tactics
- Facebook Releases New Video Ad Features, Including Automated Captions
- Top 10 YouTube Ads In January: “Clash Of Clans” Takes The Lead 2nd Month In A Row
- How Do You Actually “Think Outside The Box” In Digital Marketing?
- Pay Attention! 3 Steps To Digital Advertising Breakthrough
- Report: Established App Markets Transitioning Away From Download Revenue And Toward Usage
- What Twitter’s New Timeline Means For Brands And Advertisers
- MarTech Today: Google HTML5 Ads, Data-Led Inbound Marketing & Edits To Knowledge Graph
- Twitter Launches New Timeline Featuring Top Past Tweets
- FAQ: All About How Twitter’s “New Improved” Timeline Works
- Finally! Brands Can Edit Their Knowledge Graph Cards In Google
- Digital Customer Service Is Becoming A Fully Realized Marketing Channel
- 8-Step Road Map to a World-Class Social Media Governance Program
Search News From Around The Web:
- Bringing You Live Reports from #SMX West 2016, BruceClay.com
- Google crafts custom networking CPU with parallel computing links, The Register
Local & Maps
- Landsat coverage, Google Earth Blog
- Answer: Mysteries at Universities, SearchReSearch
- Search Challenge (2/10/16): Why an arc of lakes?, SearchReSearch
- Tell us what you think: Font size settings, DuckDuckGo Blog
- Big List of SEO Penalty Recovery Tools, Ignite Visibility
- How Voice Search Will Shape SEO in 2016, SEMrush Blog
SEM / Paid Search