Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: France and Google, AdWords DSA bids & more
Barry Schwartz on March 25, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Contradicting other data, Compete says search traffic growing on the desktop
Mar 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Firm argues number of searchers and searches per user have grown significantly on the PC since last year.
- AdWords now applies recommended bids to new DSA categories automatically
Mar 25, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The feature is designed to help managers set up a lot of dynamic search ad categories quickly.
- 3 practical local link-building ideas that will cure your Penguinitis
Mar 25, 2016 by Will Scott
Penguin caused many in the local SEO world to become wary of link building, but there are still plenty of white-hat methods to garner links to local businesses. Columnist Will Scott explores three such tactics.
- Search in Pics: Google hammocks, “Star Wars” wall stickers & Matt Cutts playing with pandas
Mar 25, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google Star Wars wall stickers: Source: Google+ Google hammocks: Source: Twitter & Twitter Googlebot on the […]
- Leveraging social media for local SEO
Mar 25, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Exploring new opportunities to integrate social media into your local brand’s SEO strategy? Columnist Lydia Jorden reviews how to elevate your local search presence using Snapchat and Quora.
- Optimize local marketing the same way big companies do
Mar 24, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Together with BIA/Kelsey, Vendasta has released an in-depth look at the do-it-with-me (DIWM) service model for marketing solutions geared to small and medium-sized businesses. Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are the new frontier for digital services. This report introduces an emerging online services category, “optimized local marketing,” which intends to bring local businesses the kind […]
- French privacy regulator fines Google for not removing RTBF links outside of Europe
Mar 24, 2016 by Greg Sterling
CNIL in France refuses to compromise on demand that Google remove all Right to Be Forgotten content from its entire index.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- From the Editor’s Desk: Why we dropped comments from Marketing Land & Search Engine Land
- Dear SEOs: Please stop spamming Google Maps!
- The ultimate multi-channel social strategy survival guide
- 3 upcoming trends in paid search
- The state of cross-channel paid search, part 3: SEM & display
- Olapic acquires Piqora to boost its visual marketing platform
- Beyond clicks: Keys to online-to-offline tracking and attribution discussed at SMX West
- Report: Google working on its own version of Amazon Echo
- German mobile marketer Glispa announces purchase and launch of Ampiri ad mediation platform
- The 5 KPIs that define a successful social CMO
- Beyond last-click attribution: Other success metrics you should be tracking
- New report: Almost all bad bots are highly sophisticated and hard to detect
- MarTech Today: Facebook partners with ad mediation platforms, the future of martech & an IAB calculator
- 3 ways to harness the ROI of customer reviews
Search News From Around The Web:
- Get Your Own 3D Visualisation of the Entire Internet, Majestic Blog
- Google Engineer Sarcasm On Search Quality, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google plans big expansion in South Lake Union, The Seattle Times
Local & Maps
- Introducing the Google API Console, Google Developers Blog
- DuckDuckGo Friends Newsletter #68, DuckDuckGo Blog
- All Ranking Factors of Google Search Algorithm Not Always Applied, Bill Hartzer
- Former Google Spam Fighter Says Machine Learning Already In Spam Algorithms, Search Engine Roundtable
- Page Speed Issues Overview for SEO, BruceClay.com
- Should You Switch Your Site to HTTPS? Here’s Why You Should or Shouldn’t, quicksprout.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Video: Google Ranking Factors, Machine Learning Spam & Google Doubt, Search Engine Roundtable