Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AdWords exam, iPhone keyboard & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: Reducing your competition (Part 5 of 8)
Mar 23, 2016 by Lori Weiman
In Part 5 of an 8-part series on PPC brand bidding, columnist Lori Weiman shares her tips on how to deal with competitors who are bidding on your brand name.
- Google developing keyboard for iPhone in hopes of boosting search volumes [report]
Mar 23, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Keyboard part of a larger strategy to boost engagement with search on mobile devices.
- The essential metrics to analyze for keyword research success
Mar 23, 2016 by Paul Shapiro
When it comes time to choose your target keywords, what data should inform your decision? Columnist Paul Shapiro shares some helpful metrics to look at when evaluating which keywords to pursue.
- AdWords Search Exam gets an update: What you’ll need to know
Mar 23, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The Google Partners exam now includes questions on the latest product features and search trends.
- New benchmarks: Google AdWords cost per acquisition across 20 industries [study]
Mar 23, 2016 by Larry Kim
Are you a PPC Unicorn or a PPC Donkey? Columnist Larry Kim shares data on CPA averages by industry so you can see how you measure up to the competition.
- Majestic to print the internet in 3-D in outer space
Mar 23, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Majestic helps SEOs reach for the stars, literally, by aiming to 3-D print the internet in space.
- Marketing Land’s SocialPro is bigger and better. Save $300 today!
Mar 22, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Marketing Land’s SocialPro is coming to Seattle June 20–21! SocialPro is the only conference crafted for those OBSESSED with social media marketing. Whether you’re an in-house marketer or a digital agency professional, you’ll learn tips and strategies to boost your performance on owned, earned or paid campaigns. Check out the tactic-rich agenda to see what’s […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Snapchat Discover’s caption button makes videos audio-agnostic
- Facebook launches Delivery Insights to help advertisers make better ads
- Link building is a human endeavor
- Evangelizing organic search success: 5 steps to elevate performance
- Local marketing: What is the true local web?
- 5 major changes that could revolutionize social media this year
- 6 signs marketing is in a mobile engagement crisis
- MarTech Today: Adobe’s next-gen Marketing Cloud, building a marketing stack & Stackie Award winners
- #MarTech Conference: Marketers are going Agile to keep up with customers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Isn’t Happy That Brands STILL Aren’t Disclosing Relationships In 2016, webpresence.tv
- SEO Personality; Fathom, Rodney L Brown Passed Away, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s John Mueller: Despite What People Say, 302 Redirects Pass PageRank, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Spaces In Nofollow Attribute Code Still Works, Search Engine Roundtable
- Address Technical SEO Issues to Increase Content Visibility, Online Marketing Blog
- Google’s Big Squeeze: Reduced SERPs on the Rise, seoclarity.net
- How Do I Grow My Non-Branded Search Traffic?, Renegade Search