Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AdWords Major Change, Cross Channel Search & PPC Keywords
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- FAQ: All About The Changes To Google’s Ad Layout On Desktop Search Results
Feb 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A look at what is changing and what is not on Google desktop search results.
- The State Of Cross-Channel Paid Search, Part 2: SEM & TV
Feb 22, 2016 by Josh Dreller
In the second installment in a series on cross-channel marketing and search, columnist Josh Dreller explores the relationship between TV and SEM, discussing how these can be used in conjunction with one another to improve ROI.
- Show Me The Money: Following The PPC Keywords That Make Dollars & Sense
Feb 22, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Structuring campaigns based on personas is effective, but what happens when keyword overlap dilutes your messaging? Columnist Pauline Jakober shares a case study showing how thoughtful reorganization based on money-making keywords can have a huge impact on revenue.
- Get Your Local On At SMX West & Local Search Workshop In San Jose
Feb 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Join the pre-conference workshop for a broader and deeper dive into local.
- Study: How Much Of Your Content Marketing Is Effective?
Feb 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Brands are spending the time and money to publish more content, but that begs a crucial question: How effective is it? Contently partnered with Adweek and surveyed 745 marketers to find out. In this free report, “How Much of Your Content Marketing Is Effective?,” Contently uses the results from their original study to investigate how […]
- Confirmed: Google To Stop Showing Ads On Right Side Of Desktop Search Results Worldwide
Feb 19, 2016 by Matt McGee
A long-running test is now rolling out for desktop queries: Google will no longer show ads to the right of its search results, with two exceptions.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Boomtrain Launches Simplified Editor For Emails Tuned By Machine Learning
- Pew Survey: 51% Of Americans Say Apple Should Unlock San Bernardino iPhone
- Content Marketing That Drives Conversions
- App Indexing & The New Frontier Of SEO: App Packs & App Store Search
- Are Dynamic Search Ad Varieties A Waste Of Your Time?
- The Mobile Gap: The Disconnect Between Mobile Behavior And Ad Spending
- Inbound Marketing Fundamentals, Part 2: Customizing Your Content For Your Clients & Customers
- Amazon Raises Cost Of Minimum Spend For Free Shipping
- 7 Email Trends That Should Die In 2016
- AOL Expands Rich Media Ads To MSN And Millennial Media
- MarTech Today: Yahoo’s Mobile Developer Event, App Indexing/SEO & Hreflang Markup Notifications
- UserCare Launches App Customer Service That Is Tailored For Each User
- Fluent Teams With LiveRamp To Extend Custom Audience Targeting Beyond The CRM
- Marketers: Here’s A Free, No-Programming Toolkit For Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
- Mobile Carrier 3 Plans To Block Ads In UK And Italy, More Countries Could Follow
- Google Removing Ads From Right Side Of Desktop Search Results
- With The Physical Web, You Become The Search Engine
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google CEO to Meet With European Antitrust Chief Vestager, Bloomberg
- 20 SEO Feeds to Follow on Twitter, Practical Ecommerce
- Google ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ Condoms, Business Insider
Local & Maps
- Google Earth 3D imagery progress, Google Earth Blog
- Google My Business Categories By Country, Mike Blumenthal
- Majestic introducing creative ways of using email notifications, blog.majestic.com
- My Website Got Accepted Into DMOZ! Um, Do I Care?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Study: Outgoing Links Used As Ranking Signal, rebootonline.com
- Charlie Sheen ‘s HIV disclosure had big online impact: Study, AP
- Exploring the Intersection of Art and Machine Intelligence, Official Google Research Blog
- Google’s AI wants to be the ultimate gamer, then cure cancer, thenextweb.com
- Am I a Google Certified SEO?, Search Commander
- 14 Essential Google Ranking Signals You Should Know About, semrush.com
- 2/17 Ratings Snippet Update Slices Stars For Yelp, Facebook. IMDB, Amazon Survive., SERPs Blog
- Basic SEO training: product page optimization, Yoast
- Data-Driven SEO and How to Master It! #semrushchat, semrush.com
- Google Major Spam Problems Notification, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Content Marketing A to Z: 26-Point Checklist to Drive Revenue, ignitevisibility.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Support for v201601 reports in AdWords Scripts, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Announcing BETA release of the new Ads PHP Client Library, Google Ads Developer Blog
- What The AdWords Sidebar Announcement Means, PPC Hero