Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AdWords revamp, Google Maps iOS Spotlight & more
Barry Schwartz on March 28, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google is completely redesigning AdWords: Offers first peek
Mar 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The now-legacy platform will be undergoing a redesign process to make it easier to navigate and use.
- 6 simple steps to connect with mobile customers
Mar 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
According to Google, four out of five consumers use search engines to find their way to local stores. A recent survey found 78 percent of on-the-go searches turn into offline purchases. Yet customers will have a hard time finding you if you don’t have a strong local strategy in place, and that means more than […]
- Google Maps for iOS now integrates with Apple’s Spotlight Search
Mar 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google Maps users on the iPhone can now more quickly access recent searches and saved places.
- 10 tips for avoiding shady SEO providers
Mar 28, 2016 by Greg Gifford
Got a sneaking suspicion the SEO company you hired might not be legit? Columnist Greg Gifford shares his list of red flags to look out for.
- “Search disruption is coming!” and 9 other expert insights From LSA16
Mar 28, 2016 by Wesley Young
The Local Search Association recently held its 2016 Annual Conference, LSA16, and Wesley Young shares 10 insights from experts and SMBs that will impact your marketing strategy.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Think cross-channel to build stronger marketing
- Periscope hits 200 million live video broadcasts on its 1-year anniversary
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #6: Twitter’s 10th anniversary, #MarTech conference recap & more
- 3 practical local link building ideas that will cure your Penguinitis
- Leveraging social media for local SEO
- What marketers can learn from this year’s Presidential candidates
- The death of the home page has been greatly exaggerated
- What can predictive analytics REALLY do? Three case studies in seeing the future
- London buses test out the first consumer experience of the Physical Web
- Why SXSWi is chicken soup for the marketer’s soul
- MarTech Today: Olapic boosts visual marketing platform, Glispa launches ad mediation & most bad bots are “advanced”
- Google kicks off a redesign of AdWords
Search News From Around The Web:
- Searching For Google CEO Sundar Pichai, The Most Powerful Tech Giant You’ve Never Heard Of, Buzzfeed
- “Google tax” on snippets under serious consideration by European Commission, Ars Technica UK
- Coolest jobs at Google according to a former employee, BGR
- Google and Apple: the High-Tech Hippies of Silicon Valley, New York Times
- Google briefly worked out a way of bypassing China’s Great Firewall, thenextweb.com
- Searching For Google CEO Sundar Pichai, The Most Powerful Tech Giant You’ve Never Heard Of, buzzfeed.com
Local & Maps
- The Batcave on Street View, Maps Mania
- March 2016 Google Algorithm Updates – Was it Panda, More Quality Updates, or Something Else?, gsqi.com
- Bounce Rates On Web Sites Don’t Necessarily Impact Google Rankings, Search Engine Roundtable
- Getting Your Head Around Google’s RankBrain, thesempost.com
- Multiple Title Tags Doesn’t Cause Problems For Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- PDFs & Web Page Content Match A Duplicate Content Issue With Google?, Search Engine Roundtable