Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AdWords URLs, Google Doodle & Right To Be Forgotten
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Official: Google AdWords Rolls Out “Upgraded URLs” For Tracking Parameters
Ads (usually) will no longer be re-set and sent back to editorial review when tracking criteria change.
- The Thorny Dilemma At The Heart Of The “Right To Be Forgotten” Delisting Debate
Both Google and the EU have credible positions on whether RTBF should be applied globally.
- Rip Off The Band-Aid: Use AdWords Conversion Tracking For (All) Your True Business Goals
AdWords has made many improvements to its conversion tracking capabilities in recent years, but columnist Susan Waldes notes that many businesses have been reluctant to catch up.
- 10 Reasons Why The Search Marketing Industry Will Be @SMX West
Because who doesn’t love a good Top 10 list? Learn why the search marketing industry gives SMX two thumbs up for being the best conference to attend and learn in-the-trenches tactics. In case you missed our previous preview, What Search Marketers Can Expect To Learn @SMX West In Silicon Valley, we wanted to recap the 10 […]
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Google Logo Pays Homage To “Little House On The Prairie” Author
Doodle team created needle-felted dolls to capture “essence” of Wilder’s legacy.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Target Goes All Out On Social Media With #MoreMusic For Imagine Dragons Live Ad Concert During Grammys
- The Challenge Of Searching For (& Marketing) Marketing Technology
- Online Retailers Saw Huge Drop-Off During Super Bowl, But Pre-Game Was Strong
- The Modern Face Of Display Ads
- 8 Moves To Creating Content Your Market Will Find & Love
- NowThis Shutters Website To Deliver Exclusively Via Social Media
- YouTube Says It’s Still The One For Super Bowl Ads
Search News From Around The Web:
- Microsoft open sources a small part of Bing, Neowin
- Interview: Google At Work’s Amit Singh, Business Insider
- A Prickly Partnership for Uber and Google, New York Times
Local & Maps
- New Street View imagery in Bangladesh, Google Earth Blog
- Ten Years of Google Maps, From Slashdot to Ground Truth, Re/code
- Today we turn 10!, Google LatLong
- Google has dozens of homophobic slurs on Google translate, Metro News
- Through the Google lens: Search trends January 30 – February 5, Official Google Blog
- Why SEO Is Awesome, Renegade Search
- B2B SEO Strategies for Multilingual Web Content, komarketingassociates.com
- Before Chapter 11, RadioShack Struggled with SEO, SEMrush Blog
- Hitting a Plateau with Your Organic Traffic? Here Is How You Keep Growing, quicksprout.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Automate And Manually Change Bids With Excel, PPC Hero
- What Are Keyword Match Types, and How Do I Use them?, Bing Ads Blog
- Balancing Social Media, Ad Blocking and Google, Google and More Google!, internetmarketingninjas.com
- Google Suggest Has Wildcards?! KW Planner Hides Data?! Crazy., moz.com