Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AMP Lives, Google Compare Dies & Review Stars Hide
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Live: Google Launches AMP Listings In Mobile Search Results, For Some
Feb 23, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
A day earlier than expected, Google has pushed AMP results in the Google mobile news carousel.
- Google To Shut Down Google Compare Products In US And UK On March 23
Feb 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The vertical lead generation programs for credit cards, auto insurance, mortgages and travel insurance will start winding down Tuesday, February 23.
- Google Looking Into Review Stars Dropping Out Of The Search Results
Feb 23, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Last week, Google began removing the review stars from the search results. We asked Google if this is a bug or intentional.
- Content Mapping, Search Optimization And The Buyer’s Journey
Feb 23, 2016 by Jim Yu
Have you optimized your content for all stages of the buyer’s journey? Columnist Jim Yu looks at how to create the right content at the right time to drive conversions.
- What Google’s New Layout Means For Search Marketers
Feb 23, 2016 by Alistair Dent
Google recently began displaying up to four ads above organic desktop search results and removed the ads on the right-hand side. Contributor Alistair Dent discusses what this change means for your PPC and SEO campaigns.
- Save Our Search: 3 Reasons Not To Overreact About Losing Google Ads In The Right Rail
Feb 23, 2016 by Kevin Ryan
Keep calm and carry on with your PPC campaigns despite recent changes in the SERP layout, urges columnist Kevin Ryan.
- Bing’s CelebsLike.me Finds Your Oscar Doppelganger
Feb 23, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
As part of its Academy Award Experience, Bing has created a site that lets users upload photos of themselves to find their look-alike celebrities.
- How Google Is Inventing A “Near Me” Future
Feb 23, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
As Google continues to invest in mobile, what does that mean for search marketers? Columnist Adam Dorfman explores how Google is paving the way for mobile location-based marketing.
- SMX West Is Almost Here! Limited Tickets Left.
Feb 22, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX West begins next Tuesday in San Jose. Register now to reserve your spot or risk missing out on incredible SEO and paid tactics and networking. The past few days have witnessed new and profound SEM and SEO developments. Here are just three recent headlines from Search Engine Land that will certainly be hot […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Launches Autotrack To Help Sites Get More Out Of Universal Analytics
- How Are You Managing Social Media Risk?
- Top 10 Video Creators In January: BuzzFeed Tasty Sets New Record With 3B Video Views
- Instagram Is the Star of Facebook’s Renewed Interview Show
- Pinterest Launches Updates To Rich Pins With Recipes And Movie Data
- Needle Adds New Features To Its Customer Advocate Service For Shopping Sites
- The State Of Cross-Channel Paid Search, Part 2: SEM & TV
- Show Me The Money: Following The PPC Keywords That Make Dollars & Sense
- 5 Predictions For Email Marketing In 2020
- Things Affiliate & Ad-Dependent Publishers Must Consider In The Age Of Mobile
- Marketing Land’s Facebook & Instagram Marketing Quiz
- Mobile Devices Now Driving 56 Percent Of Traffic To Top Sites — Report
- MarTech Today: Free VR Platform, Fluent Teams With LiveRamp & The Physical Web
- Foursquare Introduces “Attribution” To Measure Offline Results
- Google Compare Will Sunset In March
- Google Faces More EU Woes, Attorneys General Ask FTC To Revive Case In US
- Up Close: How The New Snapchat “On-Demand Geofilters” Work
Search News From Around The Web:
- VIDEO: Leaders Talk SEO Hot Topics, Tips & Tricks #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Facebook Tries (Again) to Take On Google and Twitter With Search, Bloomberg
- Google Science Fair 2016: #howcanwe make things better with science?, Official Google Blog
Local & Maps
- Celebrate Chinese Spring Festival in Google Earth, Google Earth Blog
- Ground Zero Link Building: 9 Steps to a Solid Link Foundation, theupperranks.com
- Study Shows "Proof" Linking Externally Helps Your Google Rankings, Search Engine Roundtable
- Watch a Brand’s Sphere of Influence Change over Time, Majestic Blog
- Google Doubles Up "People Also Search For" in Search Results, thesempost.com
- A Week in the Life of an SEO Trainer, BruceClay.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Google Finance Replaces News Box With Advertisement Box, Search Engine Roundtable