Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AMP, Send Map To Phone & Ad Layout
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s New SERP Layout: The Biggest Winners & Losers
Feb 24, 2016 by Larry Kim
What has been the impact of Google’s new desktop ad layout thus far? Columnist Larry Kim uses data to show who has benefited and who has suffered from the change.
- How To Get Started With Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
Feb 24, 2016 by Paul Shapiro
Google is currently rolling out accelerated mobile pages in its mobile search results, but how can you get in on the action? Columnist Paul Shapiro explains how you can mark up your mobile pages for a better mobile user experience.
- Google’s AMP Top Stories Now Live In Mobile Search Results
Feb 24, 2016 by Greg Sterling
AMP’s objective is a faster, more engaging mobile web experience in an open ecosystem.
- Google “Send To Your Phone” Comes To Local Knowledge Graph Search Box
Feb 24, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Now, you can use the “Send to your phone” feature directly in the Google web search results, not just in the Google map search results.
- An Inside Look At The Upcoming MarTech Conference
Feb 23, 2016 by Search Engine Land
We’re four weeks away from the next MarTech conference in San Francisco. This will be the biggest and best one yet, and I wanted to give you a deeper preview of what to expect. If you haven’t registered yet, we are offering our low pre-conference rate discount, which is $200 off the on-site ticket price. […]
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: Best Practices For Brand Bidding (Part 3 of 8)
Feb 23, 2016 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman continues her series on brand bidding by discussing best practices for creating and optimizing successful branded PPC campaigns.
- How Are You Managing Social Media Risk?
Feb 24, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today, the average enterprise manages more than 300 social media accounts and more than a half-million social media posts by users on branded pages — but not all of this activity is positive. There has been a sevenfold increase in spam messages. The number of unauthorized social media accounts has skyrocketed. Social media management costs […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Adobe Launches App Creation & Management Tool For Marketers
- Save Our Search: 3 Reasons Not To Overreact About Losing Google Ads In The Right Rail
- Content Mapping, Search Optimization And The Buyer’s Journey
- Snapchat For Social Good
- What Google’s New Layout Means For Search Marketers
- How Google Is Inventing A “Near Me” Future
- Instagram Now Has More Advertisers Than Twitter
- Let’s Talk SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics & The Cloud)
- Data Danger: How The Wrong Campaign Metrics Can Break Your Mobile Strategy
- MarTech Today: Foursquare’s Offline Attribution, Google’s Autotrack & “Near Me” Future
- Facebook Launches Reactions Globally
Search News From Around The Web:
- Black Googler Network fuels inclusion at Google, Official Google Blog
- Google Confirms: We Don’t Have An SEO Partner Program, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Converting Shape files to KML with Google Earth Pro, Google Earth Blog
- Don’t do Outreach like one of those PR types, do it like an SEO, Cornwall SEO
- Google Penguin: Still No Launch Date, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Challenge (2/17/16): How to find compound concepts, SearchReSearch
- Ecommerce SEO: 116% Increase in Search Traffic & Google Penalty Recovery [2 case studies], ahrefs.com
- 26 Reasons Your Content Marketing is Hurting Your SEO, Ignite Visibility
- Google Panda Continuously Rolling But Gets Prepared Between Roll Outs?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Internal Index Updates For Mobile Apps Only, Search Engine Roundtable
- Manual Actions on Subdomains Can Affect Entire Site, thesempost.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Recovering from a Google Penalty, performancein.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Why Asking “Why?” Will Sharpen Your PPC Skills, Metric Theory
- AdWords Self-Optimizing Accounts Are Live, PPC Hero
- Find out if your keywords are working in just one step, Bing Ads Blog
- Using Customer Match Lists in AdWords Campaigns Targeting YouTube, RKG Blog
- Writing effective PPC ad copy for a better ROI, Bing Ads Blog