Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Bad Ads, Google Mortgage Calculator & Google VP Leaves
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s Senior VP Of Knowledge, Alan Eustace, To Retire
Google loses another senior vice president and world record holder, Alan Eustace.
- Free Trip To SMX – Win The Biggest Search Geek Contest!
Enter the 7th Annual SMX West Biggest Search Geek Contest, sponsored by Marin Software. The challenging quiz-based contest is where the world’s brightest search marketers compete to outsmart fellow search geeks from across the globe. The contestant who answers the most questions correctly in the shortest amount of time will win the grand prize — […]
- Google’s Mortgage Calculator Quick Answer Now Live
Google now offers a mortgage and interest calculator, so you no longer have to go to a financial web site to get the cute web based calculators.
- 5 Pieces Of Content: 25 Link Ideas
Trying to come up with ideas for getting links from other sites? Link Week columnist Julie Joyce shows us her brainstorming process with several example articles.
- Google Issues Its 2014 “Bad Ads” Report: Disabled More Than Half A Billion Ads
Over 43 million ads were disabled for using “Trick to Click” ploys.
- Appearing Multiple Times In Google Shopping: The Pros & Cons
Are you bleeding money or gaining exposure from showing up multiple times in Google Shopping results? Rebekah Schelfhout shares her thoughts.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 50 Fascinating Marketing Tech Companies, All In One Room
- AT&T Launches First-Ever Influencer-Driven Scripted Series On Snapchat
- Here’s What Innovative Brands Did On Snapchat For The Super Bowl
- Twitter Will Push Promoted Tweets To Third-Party Apps & Sites
- Report: Mobile Ad Revenues Don’t Line Up With Traffic Volumes
- Maintaining Brand Momentum Post-Super Bowl
- Google Glass: Thank You For Exploring With Us
- What 30 Seconds Of Super Bowl Ad Money Would Have Bought Online: 2,542,573,344 Impressions
- Exploring The Cutting-Edge: Predictive Marketing Analytics
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategy Studies: Formats, Trends, Influencers & Engagement
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google’s StreetView sets sail on Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas, Tnooz
- How Google Maps makes complex business information easier to understand, Official Google for Work Blog
- Never trust a corporation to do a library’s job — The Message, Medium
- Shooting stars and puppy ads: How the world watched the big game, Official Google Blog
- Bing’s interactive GRAMMYs guide kicks off awards season with karaoke, predictions and more, Bing Search Blog
- Google News RSS Feed Bug Still Being Worked On, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Stop Referrer Spam, blog.raventools.com
- The Essential Guide to Hiring the Super SEO: Twitter Chat #13, SEMrush Blog
- 4 Ways to Spot an SEO Scam, SEMrush Blog
- Consolidate Pages Under One Topic or Have Multiple Pages For SEO?, ignitevisibility.com
- Google Mobile Redirect Graphical Example Worksheet, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Sitelinks Search Box: What You Need to Know, Moz
- Negative SEO a Shocking but Inevitable Epidemic?, rebootonline.com
- Our second eBook: Content SEO, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- Banner ads on Yandex: affecting your brand, russiansearchtips.com
- 5 Steps to Spotting Keyword Opportunities, State of Digital
- Google Tests Bolder Ads To Organic Separator, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google, Partners, and Loyalty (Or: Thanks for the Expresso Machine, But…), The SEM Post
- Paid Online Advertising Beyond Google AdWords, koozai.com
- Pay-per-click Ads: Unlocking the AdWords Dimensions Tab, Practical Ecommerce
- Priorities for 2015: Simplify the Bing Ads Sign In Page, Bing Ads
- Take A Walk Down The Conversion Path With Google Analytics, PPC Hero
- Best Practices for Ad Campaign Management in 2015, Crazy Egg
- Using your internal search engine as a marketing instrument, stateofdigital.com