Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google Click To Call, App AdWords & Google Dance
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- App marketers can now upload customer IDs to AdWords for targeting on Google Display Network
Mar 7, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new bulk IDFA/advertising ID upload feature helps developers try to re-engage users on iOS and Android devices.
- Google Dance 2016: The recap post
Mar 7, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Over 500 search marketers gathered at Google last week for a revival of its annual Google Dance celebration offering food, drinks, fun and knowledge.
- What different consumer groups really want from local business websites
Mar 7, 2016 by Myles Anderson
Columnist Myles Anderson takes a look at what consumers in different age groups are looking for when it comes to local business websites. Local SEO practitioners, take note!
- SMX West recap: Using search science for keyword research
Mar 7, 2016 by Casie Gillette
What role should keyword research play in your search marketing strategy? A very important one, argued SMX West speaker Tony Verre. Contributor Casie Gillette recaps Verre’s tips from last week’s conference.
- Google tests clickable phone numbers in organic search results
Mar 7, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google is now experimenting with click to call on the organic side. They’ve done this with ads and local before.
- Be There. Introducing The Bing Network.
Mar 7, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Bing Ads
At Bing, we’re building a platform that gives people “knowledge for doing” in a more natural, predictive and personal way. It’s the intelligence that spans not just across Microsoft products but across platforms and across partners. Bing Network connects you to the moments that matter by being in the products people use every […]
- Google Experimenting With Local Business Cards In Search Results
Mar 4, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Experimental feature allows local businesses to promote specific content, which can be shared directly from the “card carousel.”
- Google’s Candidate Cards Being Tested For Businesses?
Mar 4, 2016 by Matt McGee
A local business has been spotted using the equivalent of Candidate Cards to add content directly into Google’s search results.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- WordPress releases plugin to support Facebook Instant Articles
- IAB primer outlines anti-ad blocking choices for publishers — and their risks
- Where will SEO go this year?
- Why copying campaigns between search engines misses opportunities
- Up close at SMX West 2016: Advanced audience targeting
- How marketers should adjust to Google’s new search ad display
- Facebook closes Atlas’s video ad-serving gap, widens sales measurement
- Class action suit accuses Google of stealing “face prints” without permission
- Your 6-point spring cleaning content marketing checklist
- MarTech Today: Facebook Messenger, new metrics for martech & “Right To Be Forgotten”
- DSP Trade Desk adds native ad support, with Sharethrough as first integrated SSP
- Forrester Wave Report Names Top Four Social Listening Tools
Search News From Around The Web:
- How to Care for Your Shopping Campaigns at SMX, BruceClay.com
- Google Asked to Remove 100,000 ‘Pirate Links’ Every Hour, TorrentFreak
Local & Maps
- Be Bold: 4 Uncommon Types of Content That Attract Hundreds of Backlinks, quicksprout.com
- How To Get All Your Links for Specific Anchor Text, Majestic Blog
- How to make an effective link building strategy, Vertical Leap
- How to Optimize & Validate AMP Pages in WordPress, Pedro Dias
- Answer: Finding out about a concept (part 2), SearchReSearch
- Answer: Where is everybody moving to?, SearchReSearch
- The Complete SEO Strategy That Increased Our Blog’s Search Traffic by 89% (in 3 months), ahrefs.com
- 5 Underrated Google Search Console Features, Marketing Mojo
- Basic SEO training: don’t over-optimize, Yoast
- March 2016 Google Webmaster Report: AMP, Penguin, Amit Singhal & Google Dance, Search Engine Roundtable
- Match Your Local SEO to Your Business Type with the Local SEO Checklist, Moz
- Mobile, Direct Search and More: What Lies Ahead for SEO?, semrush.com
- Using Google AdSense Hurts Mobile User Experience, Violates Google’s Own Guidelines, Bill Hartzer
- Why Google Direct Answers Can Drive Traffic to Your Site, Stone Temple
SEM / Paid Search
- Bad Self-Managed Campaigns Have Soured Many SMBs on Paid Search, LSA Insider
- Perform Excel Lookups With Multiple Criteria, PPC Hero
- Video: Google Update, Penguin, Spam, Voice Shopping & SMX, Search Engine Roundtable