Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Fact Rank, Hating Link & Yahoo’s 20th Birthday
Barry Schwartz on March 3, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yahoo Celebrates Its 20th Birthday By Setting New World Record For Yodeling
Along with 3,400 other people, CEO Marissa Mayer yodeled for a full minute to mark Yahoo’s big day.
- Naturally Generated Links? Hey, Google Might Still Hate Them!
Let’s say you have a manual penalty… not a nice way to open a post, I know, but it’s the reality for many site owners. What if Google shows you an example of one of your problematic links, and it’s one that sends you some really great converting traffic? What if, upon conducting a link […]
- Google Researchers Introduce System To Rank Web Pages On Facts, Not Links
Will Google someday rank web pages based on how accurate they are? A new paper suggests they might.
- Heal’s Furniture: A Tale Of 2 Ad Types, Text Vs. Shopping
E-commerce sites can greatly benefit by switching from regular search text ads to Google Shopping ads, as demonstrated by columnist Rebekah Schelfhout’s case study.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Building One Of The Most Social Nonprofits Ever: 5 Questions With (RED)’s Chief Digital Officer
- Infographic: Optimal Image Sizes For All The Social Networks
- Google Announces Wireless Service Intended To Promote Industry Innovation
- Fitbit Campaign Helped People Convert 1 Billion Calories Into 1.5 Million Donated Meals
- Why You Need Content & Martech To Work Together
- Cashing In On Kanye: How Award Show Triggers Can Benefit Your Brand
- Does My Business Really Need A Mobile App?
- Twitter Experimenting With Analytics For Individual Tweets
Search News From Around The Web:
- Judge halts movie industry-backed probe against Google, Gigaom
- Apple Google search, Business Insider
- SEO Industry’s First “Chief SEO Evangelist” Appointed, www.seoclarity.net
Local & Maps
- Google Local Results Now Showing Mall Names For Store Addresses In Malls, Search Engine Roundtable
- Build More Links by Being More Human, cognitiveseo.com
- Mobile & App Content Will Rank Higher. Shenanigans Likely., Portent
- 4 Things You Can Learn From Fitmob’s Seductive Copywriting, SEO Copywriting
- 5 Analytics Tips That Every SEO Should Know, Renegade Search
- Get the Biggest SEO Bang for Your Content Marketing Buck, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Google Webmaster Tools May Add Unverified Sites List Filter, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Google Pulls Structured Snippets from Websites’ Tables, Moz
- The Perfect Website Dissected, Ahrefs Blog
- Tips for Getting E-commerce SEO Right, blog.raventools.com
- Top 10 SEO experts to follow on Twitter for smart insights into SEO, www.edupristine.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 10 Steps You Can Take To Become A PPC Genius, koozai.com
- A PPC Optimization Checklist for the B2B Marketer, www.komarketingassociates.com
- AdWords Testing Got You Down? Learn How To Stop The Suffering, PPC Hero
- Invoca Introduces First-ever Native AdWords Integration to Connect Calls Like Clicks…, PR Newswire
- Need Fast Growth? How To Ramp Up Your PPC Program Quickly, www.ppchero.com
- Rollback of roadblocks feature in the Mobile Ads SDK, googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com
- Top 10 PPC Marketing Experts you must follow on Twitter, www.edupristine.com
- Unleash Your Quality Score Beast Mode (Bing Ads Edition), The SEM Post