Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Hack, Top Ranking Domains & Our Top Stories
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Search Engine Land’s Top 10 News Stories Of 2015: Google’s Quality Update, Mobilegeddon, RankBrain & More
Dec 23, 2015 by Matt McGee
Our annual year-in-review coverage starts with a look at the most popular news stories we covered in 2015.
- Can You Guess What Was The Most Shared AdWords Content In 2015?
Dec 23, 2015 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys recaps the hottest AdWords articles of the year based on social share data from BuzzSumo. How many have you read?
- Expand Your Search Presence With External Sites
Dec 23, 2015 by Dan Bagby
Search engine optimization (SEO) is about more than your website. Columnist Dan Bagby explains how to optimize content on external web properties to help boost your organic search presence.
- Report: Top Domains In Google With Winners & Losers For 2015
Dec 23, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Moz has published the top domains ranking in Google in 2015, including winners, losers and most improved.
- ‘Tis The Season! For Holiday Google Doodles Of Papercraft Models & Cutouts
Dec 23, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Today marks day one of Google’s 2015 Holiday Doodle series.
- Bait & Switch Hacking Is Gaining Top Rankings In Google
Dec 22, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Hackers are injecting content into websites to get Google visitors, then redirecting them elsewhere.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- FTC Issues Guidelines To Prevent Native Ads From Crossing Into “Deception” Territory
- Modern Marketing Essentials Guide To Mobile Marketing
- Scaling Manual Link Building
- The Six Quality Score & Ad Rank Questions Everyone Has For Google
- Reader Buy-In: Marketing Land’s Top 10 Retail Columns Of 2015
- Content Culture: Our Top Content Marketing Columns For 2015
- Trusted Media Brands’ Chief Digital Officer Is Focused On Improving User Experience
- Hey, Santa, Check Out Our Marketing “Naughty & Nice” List For 2015
- Getting Attribution-Ready For The New Year
- MarTech Today: Yahoo Mobile Search’s AMP Support, Adobe Post Launches & Humans > Bots
- Facebook’s Most Popular 360 Videos For 2015: GoPro, BuzzFeed & Zuckerberg Make The List
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google ordered to pay Dr Janice Duffy $100,000 plus interest in defamation case, ABC News
- How I Built a 7 Figure SEO Agency Using SEMRush Data to Land Big Clients, SEM Rush
Local & Maps
- 10 Yelp Reviews You Can Dispute, Alan Rothstein
- Code the Road Europe Recap: Our last stop in London, Google Geo Developers Blog
- Google Earth Pro Changes Terms Of Service, Support & Features, Search Engine Roundtable
- 5 Types of Managed Link Audit Mistakes and their FIX, LinkResearchTools
- Black Hat SEO Advice After Google Rankings Drop: Don’t Panic, Search Engine Roundtable
- Link Building Strategies for 2016, SEO.com Blog
- Does Google Crawl rel:”nofollow” at All?, SEMrush Blog
- Google Search Console Showing AMP Related Errors Now, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- How New AdWords Structured Snippets Can Save You Time & Marketing Budget, Seer Interactive
- What do I do When I’m Getting Fewer Paid Clicks Than I Used To?, Renegade Search