Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Images filters, Bing photo contest & more
Barry Schwartz on March 18, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing partners with US National Park Service for #FindYourPark photo contest
Mar 18, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The winning photo will be featured on Bing’s home page during National Park Week and will be used as Bing’s Facebook and Twitter cover photo in April.
- Local SEO beyond the browser
Mar 18, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Are you making the most of offline advertising to complement your local SEO efforts? Columnist Marcus Miller explains the benefits of connecting your digital and physical marketing.
- Get up close with PPC KPIs to improve your performance
Mar 18, 2016 by Matt Umbro
What are the primary metrics that define success for your PPC campaigns? Columnist Matt Umbro explores the pros and cons of optimizing for some common paid search metrics.
- Google Image Search launches colored filter buttons
Mar 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
After testing various combinations, Google has launched new filter buttons in the image search results.
- Search in Pics: Google Analytics With NASA, Google buffalo & Fiber office
Mar 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. The new Google Fiber office in Austin: Source: Google+ A buffalo at Google: Source: Google+ NASA […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter’s algorithmic timeline now fully rolled out, few opt-outs reported
- Report: Video ads are coming to Pinterest
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #5: Google’s new analytics suite, Instagram goes algorithmic & more
- Google ch-ch-ch-changes. How they’re affecting publishers and SEOs
- Why real-time search algorithm updates may be bad news
- The inbox laboratory: How email can thrive on empirical experimentation
- A CMO’s View: How IDG rebranded 100+ media properties
- How do you retain clients? Retain your staff.
- CMOs flex IT purchasing muscle, but is that a good thing?
- MarTech Today: Cognitive marketing, RIP TweetDeck for Windows & real-time search algorithm updates
- Google starts testing ads in Matched Content recommendation units
- App install spend up 150 percent, yet costs down, push-enabled users 2X more engaged [reports]
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Home Sweet Treehouse, Google Lat Long
- Google Adds “About This Result” to Featured Snippets, thesempost.com
- Google Testing Extra White Space in Search Results, thesempost.com
- Pollen and geology leads to SearchResearch, SearchReSearch
- SEO: How to Get Lady Luck On Your Side, SEMrush Blog
- Which SEO Techniques Still Work? A Comprehensive Review, ahrefs.com
- Google Can Drill Into Search Quality Raters Experiments, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Let’s You Opt Out Of Feature Snippets With nosnippet Tag, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: RankBrain Doesn’t Use New Signals But May Adjust Weights Of Existing Ranking Signals, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Create 10x Content – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- Stay Ahead Of The PPC Competition, PPC Hero
- Yandex.Direct Extended Geo-Targeting Launched, Russian Search Marketing
- Video: Google Update, Mobile Friendly Boost & RankBrain Details, Search Engine Roundtable