Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Local Quality Guidelines, Shopzilla Rebrands & Mobile SEO
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 6 Things You Always Wanted To Know About AdWords Match Types (But Were Afraid To Ask)
Even advanced advertisers have questions about the details of keywords and match types. Contributor Matt Lawson of Google provides answers.
- Shopzilla’s Rebrand As Connexity Opens Search Marketing Technology To Retailers
Shopzilla, best known for its comparison shopping engine, changed its name in September to Connexity Inc. to reflect a change in focus. The company still operates its consumer-facing sites, but now makes its B2C assets and shopping data available to marketers as managed services. As part of the rebrand, the company rolled out new and […]
- Mobile SEO & E-Commerce Growth Beyond Black Friday & Cyber Monday
Black Friday and Cyber Monday may be over, but columnist Jim Yu reminds us that the holiday shopping season is still in full swing.
- Google Maps Revamps Quality Guidelines For Local Pages
Google Maps has updated their local pages quality guidelines last night. Jade Wang from the Google team posted the news in the Google Forums saying: We’ve updated and clarified our quality guidelines for local pages. Please read the new version here, and, as always, feel free to contact our support team with any specific questions […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- AT&T Helps You Combine Emojis And Christmas Carols For Holiday Season Awesomeness
- Mobile Weekend: Traffic Crosses 50 Percent, Transactions Hit 30 Percent
- Online Shoppers Converting At Higher Rates, And Not Just On Black Friday And Cyber Monday
- Facebook Offers New Buying, Video & Targeting Options For Mobile App Ads
- Google Updates DoubleClick Verification: Ad Blocking, Spam Filtering, Movie-Style Content Ratings
- Turn Seasonal Shoppers Into Year-Round Revenue
- 2014 Black Friday & Cyber Monday E-Commerce Report: Online Orders Up 15.7% Over Last Year
- Twitter Is Rolling Out A Simpler Way To Report Abusive Tweets
- 5 Holiday Lessons From 2013 That You Can Apply This Year
- Is Your Social Media Marketing Cart Before Your Horse?
- ABC’s World News Tonight Creates Direct-to-Facebook 1-Minute Newscast
Search News From Around The Web:
- Search Engine Roundtable’s 11th Anniversary, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Google Rolls Out Major Update to Google My Business Guidelines, Mike Blumenthal
- How to Build a Pigeon-Friendly Content Strategy, SEMrush Blog
- Google Penguin Still Fluctuating, More Changes This Morning, Search Engine Roundtable
- Penguin 3.1 rolled back, goralewicz.co
- An Honest Look at 5 Important SEO Practices that Google Demonized, ignitevisibility.com
- Can SEO Survive the Next Decade?, Ahrefs Blog
- Google App Indexing Coming To iOS? Maybe., Search Engine Roundtable
- How to optimize your site for Baidu, Majestic Blog
- SEMrush Twitter Chat #6: Optimize Your Website For Semantic Search, SEMrush Blog
- Your Guide to SEO for Musicians, digitalthirdcoast.net
SEM / Paid Search
- Paid Search Saves Lives, David Melamed
- Position Bidding vs. CPC Bidding, PPC Hero
- The Yahoo Bing Network: No Contest for Mobile Advertising Spend, Bing Ads Blog