Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google Manual Actions, SEO Disasters & RIP Dana Lookadoo
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- SEO Disasters: Preventing The Unthinkable
Sep 18, 2015 by Mark Munroe
Is your site suffering from a sudden drop in traffic? Columnist Mark Munroe notes that most SEO issues are preventable and shares his process for keeping these issues at a minimum.
- About To Launch A WordPress Site? Here’s What You Need To Know About SEO
Sep 18, 2015 by Neil Patel
WordPress can be a great choice for your new website, but it’s not search engine optimized right out of the box. Columnist Neil Patel explains how to lay the foundation for great SEO when choosing WordPress.
- How Google Now, Siri & Cortana Predict What You Want
Sep 18, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
It’s like magic when your digital assistant has an answer before you think to search. Here’s how they understand your needs.
- Google Says Repeated Violations Of Their Webmaster Guidelines Will Lead To Further Action
Sep 18, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Do you spam Google over and over again? Google may decide to serve you harsher penalties and manual actions in the future.
- SEO Industry Mourns The Loss Of Dana Lookadoo
Sep 18, 2015 by Matt McGee
Dana Lookadoo died Monday after a long battle with injuries she suffered in a November 2013 cycling accident.
- Webinar: How to Avoid (or Mitigate) Social Media Risk for Your Brand
Sep 18, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Next week, our sister site, Digital Marketing Depot, will host a webcast that will address the risks inherent in social media for brands. With the FTC paying close attention to what’s being said — and updating its disclosure regulations — marketers need to keep up with current guidelines for compliance. Join us on Tuesday, September […]
- Search In Pics: Google Solar Drone, Google Office Hose Down & SEO 4 You Plate
Sep 18, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Like And Share Buttons To Power Ad Targeting Based On Sites And Apps Users Visit
- Round 2: Peace Ad Blocker Pulled & CNET Fights Back
- Debunking The CTR To Find Truth In Viewability
- The Modern-Day Publisher’s Dilemma: Where To Focus With So Many Available Platforms
- How To Create A “Lead Pipeline” With Your Blog (Part 2)
- Facebook Video & Snapchat Drive Nearly Half Of BuzzFeed’s Views
- Customers Need To Be Part Of The Advertising Conversation
- Periscope Adds Profile Pages For The Web
- Amazon Points Retailers To Shopify As It Nears The End Of Its E-Commerce Platform
- Not Just Ads, iOS 9 Content Blockers Can Also Block Analytics
- Snickers Rolls Out New “Hunger Bars” Packaging With Hunger Emergency Hotline Video
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google My Business App Now Updated For iOS, Search Engine Roundtable
- 4 Powerful marketing insights from link analysis, Majestic Blog
- Google Confirms They Still Only Have A Desktop Index, No Mobile Index, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: How To Steal SEO Traffic From Your Competitors, Ahrefs
SEM / Paid Search
- Are Your Ads Showing Where You Think They Are?, PPC Hero
- Referrer changes for ad clicks, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Guest Blogging and Licensing Content without Incurring Duplicate Content Issues – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Video: Google Repeated Manual Actions, Yandex Penalty & Bing Shuts Link Explorer, Search Engine Roundtable