Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Mobile Carousel Update, Bing Online Ordering & AdWords Android App
Barry Schwartz on February 19, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Mobile Search Put Publishers’ Content In Carousels
Now users can quickly scan topic-based content from single sources on mobile devices.
- Bing Offers Link To Order Food Online From Your Favorite Restaurants
Now you can order your food online with Bing search. Just search for a restaurant that offers online ordering and click the order online button.
- Google News Bug Drops Trending Topics From Side Bar Navigation
A Google bug breaks the Trending Topics feature in Google News. A fix is coming soon, says Google’s Stacie Chan.
- Google AdWords Launches An Android App For Advertisers But Currently Only For Canadians
Canadian Google AdWords advertisers can now download an Android app for free, to manage their AdWords campaign on the go. Google promises to expand support to other countries soon.
- Opportunities For 2015 Omni-Channel Success In Paid Search & Beyond
That online marketing stalwart, search, is in the midst of change, and columnist Matt Ackley from Marin says change equals opportunity.
- Lunar New Year Google Logo Ushers In The Year Of The Sheep – Or Is It Goat?
Many English speakers question whether the Chinese zodiac sign for “horned animal” translates to sheep, goat or ram.
- Competitive Bid Opportunities Arrive On Bing To Help Advertisers Analyze Themselves Against Rivals
A new tool allows advertisers to stack themselves up against the competition, and instantly make changes where they see fit.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- LinkedIn Rolls Out New “Lead Accelerator” Tool & Expands Display Ad Network Beyond LinkedIn Platform
- Outdoor Company Celebrates Heart Awareness Month By Posting Facebook-Submitted #HeartHeroes Images To Digital Billboards
- YouTube Tightens Rules For Brand-Sponsored Videos
- SPONSOR MESSAGE: The State of Digital Marketing Trends – 2015 Report
- Live Blog: Yahoo Keynote At Its First Mobile Developer Conference
- If You’re Not Using These Data Types, You Risk Falling Behind
- Reward Framing & Its Stunning Impact On Conversion Optimization: What You Need To Know
- Facebook Place Tips: 7 Ways To Optimize For Local Business Organic Reach
- Pandora Gets In Direct Messages, Allows Artists To Communicate Directly With Fans
- Online Vs. TV: 72% Of Agencies Say Online Video Ads Are As Effective – Or More Effective – Than TV [Survey]
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google views of US cities ravaged by drugs crime shows how the streets are being cleaned up, Daily Mail Online
- How To Remove Bad Reviews From Google Local By Responding, Search Engine People Blog
- When a Bad Review is a Good Thing for your Business., State of Digital
- 6 Reasons why you should check your disavow file again, LRT LinkResearchTools
- 8 Renowned Experts Bust Common Google Disavow Tool Myths, cognitiveseo.com
- Avoiding Innaccurate URL Counts in Google Webmaster Tools Sitemaps, RKG Blog
- Google Test A Search Algorithm Update Yesterday Morning & Revert Back?, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Do a Basic Local SEO Audit in 30 Minutes or Less, SEMrush Blog
- How To Do A Content Audit (And Why It’s Worth It!), seocopywriting.com
- Separating the SEO Signal from the Noise, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Ads and the Competitive Advantage, Bing Ads Blog
- How To Communicate Effectively With Clients Using A PPC Timeline, PPC Hero