Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google News Spain Lives, Bing Predictions & Google Mobile Thumbnails
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Releases Update To AdWords Editor Version 11 With CTR Bug Fix
Fix comes just a week after the initial roll out.
- Bing Predicts 2015 To Be The Year Of The Wearables
Bing uses its predictions technology to forecast what’s going to be big next year, covering everything from fashion to food and football.
- Top Google Doodles Of 2014: World Cup & Winter Olympics Logos Lead The List
Google’s top logos included everything from NASA’s Philae lander and the Rubik’s cube, to Nelson Mandela, Audrey Hepburn and Halloween.
- How Google News Lives On In Spain Despite Being Closed
Did Google News really close in Spain? If you consider Google News to be the ability to browse stories by topic, especially from a dedicated home page, yes. But if it’s the ability to search for and find news stories, then arguably, Google News still lives. Anyone trying to reach the Google News Spain home page […]
- Do You Hate “Not Provided”? Not So Fast… It May Be a Blessing In Disguise!
Things have certainly changed since Google took away keyword referral data, but columnist Stephan Spencer argues that these changes were for the better.
- Call For Entries: 2015 Canadian Internet Marketing Awards
The 2015 Canadian Internet Marketing Awards Ceremony will take place on the 28th March 2015, during the Canadian Internet Marketing Conference being held at Quest University in Squamish, BC.
- Google Testing Image Thumbnails In Mobile Search Results?
Google is testing a new mobile search interface that shows image thumbnails in the search snippets results.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Target Teams With Improv Everywhere For Elaborate Christmas Carol Stunt
- Instagram Is Still Trouncing Twitter In Brand Engagement
- E-Mail Study: Call It Black Friday Or Cyber Monday, But Don’t Use “Cyber Week”
- 3 Ways Mobile Shopping & Email Marketing Help Win The Holidays & Beyond
- Sharethrough Launches Native Advertising Cards Across Mobile Sites And Apps
- The Road To Email Design Superstardom & A Look Into The Future
- Holiday E-Commerce Rose Just 8 Percent YoY In 2nd Week Of December
- Rumor: Twitter To Check Into A Partnership With Foursquare For 2015
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- 6 Mobile-Friendly Navigation Best Practices, BruceClay.com
- Google Panda On A Holiday Break?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Gary Illyes Asks If You Want Him To Publicly Call Out SEO Issues, Search Engine Roundtable
- New Research Reveals Product Page Mistakes That Impact E-Commerce Search, PR Web
- The Ultimate List of 301 Redirect Examples for SEO, Ignite Visibility
- What I Learned While Co-Writing Content Marketing Works, Vertical Measures
- Why The Best SEO Firms Don’t Offer Guaranteed Results, Forbes
SEM / Paid Search
- 4 Bing PPC Predictions To Watch For in 2015, PPC Hero
- A year in PPC – 2014 round up, Vertical Leap
- Discover the Optimal Ad Copy for Every Keyword & Time of Day, SEMrush Blog
- Effective Google Analytics AdWords Data Integration, PPC Hero
- Holiday Preparation Overview: New Year’s Insights for Digital Marketers, Bing Ads
- Microsoft Advertising “Promote Your App” Campaigns Drive Positive ROI for Twisted Lab, Bing Ads
- The Fundamentals of Paid Search for Nonprofit Organizations, RKG Blog
- Connexity Launches Managed Services for Search Marketing, Business Wire
- Marketing Resolutions: Moving from Lag to Lead, moz.com