Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Penguin Rolls On, AdWords Editor Revamped & Mobile-Friendly Labels Go Global
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Says Penguin To Shift To “Continuous Updates”
Google To Continuously “Optimize” The Penguin Algorithm As It Goes
- Google Overhauls AdWords Editor: Version 11 Released Globally
Editor now supports more bulk editing features and enables side-by-side window viewing.
- Google Mobile Friendly Label Goes International
The mobile-friendly label in the Google mobile search results is now available in all languages.
- NYT Best-Selling Author And Consumer Behavior Expert Bill Tancer To Keynote SMX West 2015
Author of “Everyone’s a Critic: Winning Customers in a Review-Driven World” and GM of Global Research for Experian Marketing Services to be featured speaker at Search Engine Land’s conference on March 4, 2015.
- Google Launches Custom Columns In AdWords For Deeper Metric Segmentation
Advertisers can segment metrics at the campaign and ad group levels.
- Understanding Cross-Device Attribution And Adjusting Campaigns Accordingly
Columnist Mona Elesseily explains why multi-device attribution is important and explores solutions for finding credible data on customers using two or three digital devices.
- The Dynamics Of The Search Ad Marketplace: Dissecting A Moving Target
Columnist John Cosley of Microsoft shares insights about how Cost Per Click, Ad Click-Through Rate, and search volume organically evolve throughout the day.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Rolling Out Search App Engagement Ads With Deep Linking
- Facebook Updates Trending & Gives It A Mobile Push
- Is Your 2015 Integrated Digital Marketing Plan Complete?
- Google Voted “Best Place To Work” In 2014 By Glassdoor’s Employee Choice Awards
- Police Department Stunt Surprises Pulled-Over Drivers With Christmas Gifts
- NYT Best-Selling Author Of Click Bill Tancer To Keynote SMX West 2015
- Instagram Hits 300 Million Active Users, Adds Badges For Verified Accounts
- In Black Friday Aftermath, iPhone 6 Activity Outperforms Competitors
- Velcro Industries Vice President Of Global Marketing Proves It Takes An Eye For Design To Create A Brand That Sticks
- Survey Of 500+ Publishers Reveals How They Want To Be Pitched [Part II]
- Google’s Responsive Lightbox Ads Now Available In AdWords
- Twitter And Facebook Launch Their 2014 “Year In Review” With Top Content, Trends & More
- The Email Year In Review: Data, Data Breaches & Multi-Screen Consumers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Women in Search With Over 15 Years of Experiences, The SEM Post
Local & Maps
- Map this way—Google My Maps now in Drive, Google LatLong
- Answer–part 2: What’s going on in this file?, SearchReSearch
- Google Mobile Search Now 150 Milliseconds Faster, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Removes Old Firefox Start Page, Google Operating System
- Search Challenge (12/10/14): Finding measures of things, SearchReSearch
- How Much Google News Traffic Do Publishers Get? Here’s Data on 80 News Sites., Adam Sherk
- 13 of the Stupidest Things You Can Do in SEO, Ignite Visibility
- Lessons from the Front Line of Front-End Content Development, Moz
- Naughty Or Nice: Which List Is Your SEO On?, Renegade Search
SEM / Paid Search
- Celebrate the most creative, engaging, and unique ads of 2014, AdWords Agency Blog
- Google AdWords Enables Custom Columns With Metrics You Want, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Can Marketers Work to Measure Total Paid Search Value?, RKG Blog
- Marketplace Insights: Top 4 New Year’s Tips for UK Finance & Insurance Marketers on Yahoo Bing Network in 2015, Bing Ads Blog
- The Tools Trifecta: Bing Ads Editor, Bing Ads Intelligence and the Ad Preview Tool, Bing Ads
- Don’t Wait For A Google Decline For Search Success, webpresence.tv