Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google PLA test, Google app indexing study & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Send AdWords alerts directly to Slack with this AdWords script library
Mar 10, 2016 by Russell Savage
Looking to get those AdWords alerts out of your email inbox? Columnist Russell Savage shows how you can use AdWords scripts to send these alerts to Slack instead.
- The terrifying connection between malware, Google Search Console, rogue subdomains and AdWords
Mar 10, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
In the midst of a malware emergency or want to ensure you never have to deal with one? Columnist Glenn Gabe provides recommendations based on his experience helping clients with security situations.
- The importance of SEO in omni-channel marketing, part 2
Mar 10, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Search engine optimization is a critical component of digital marketing, but how can you incorporate it into your omni-channel marketing strategy? Columnist Trond Lyngbø lays out his process for doing just that.
- Google PLAs: Testing scrollable carousel on desktop & numbered rankings for “best” products go live
Mar 10, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The desktop carousel test simulates mobile. A new ranking treatment for “top-rated” products is now live on mobile and desktop.
- Searchmetrics study shows most apps are not utilizing the Google App Indexing
Mar 10, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
While most top websites have apps, only 30% of those Android apps and 19% of those iOS apps have deployed App Indexing.
- 17 social media management software vendors compared
Mar 9, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Finding the appropriate social media management tool for your business can be a challenge. This free 64-page guide produced by Digital Marketing Depot provides a framework for deciding if you need an EMMS solution, details the capabilities of the leading platforms, and compares offerings from leading vendors. Also included are questions to ask vendors, plus […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Video adtech platform Unruly adds a new emotion-visualization dashboard
- Amazon leases planes to take greater control of shipping and delivery costs
- Opera Launches Browser-Based Ad Blocking Feature
- Startup Immersv launches VR ad-only platform that it says is the most complete
- 4 tips to break into the C-suite and become a chief marketing technology officer
- Report: European Commission set to file charges against Google over Android
- Facebook’s Instant Articles open up to brands through Steller
- The future of location-based services
- German court: Facebook Like button data transfer illegal without user consent
- The six key components of mobile SEO in 2016
- MarTech Today: VR-based marketing, the morphing of BlabPredicts & RIP Google PageRank
- Why Snapchat might revoke your approved On-Demand Geofilter
Search News From Around The Web:
- What Is This Trademark Filed by Google?, Tantalizing TrademarksâÑ¢
Local & Maps
- Google Updates Mobile Branded Search With People Also Search For Option, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Earth Pro print options advanced formating, Google Earth Blog
- Google News Carousel Gets Category Swiping & Flipping, Search Engine Roundtable
- What is the Personal Index and Why Should You Care? – Sam Nemzer, distilled.net
- How to Feed a Hummingbird: Improve Your On-Page SEO with Related Topics in Moz Pro, Moz
- Evergreen Content: How Updating An Old Post Boosted Pageviews by 468%, ahrefs.com
- Google App Indexing API For iOS To Get Bitcode Support & Fixes Energy Sucking Bug, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Don’t Remove Authorship Markup From Your Pages, Again, Search Engine Roundtable
- Moz Local Now Syncs with Google My Business (Plus, a Sweet Free Tool!), Moz
- Quest for Good UX & Great SEO, State of Digital
- Re-think Search: Use SEO To Grow Your Business, Not for Rankings, Seer Interactive
- Top Tips for Dealing with Sudden Drop in Google SERPs, semrush.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Excel Macros – The Unsung Hero Of PPC, PPC Hero
- How charities are suffering since Google removed right-hand PPC ads, Econsultancy
- New Features: Quality Score Analysis In-Depth, AdAlysis
- The Best Hidden Features of the AdWords Editor, Certified Knowledge
- Designing for Mobile Micro-Moments, Inside AdWords
- How To Create A Conversion Centered Keyword Strategy, Search Engine People
- SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, or SMM: Which Services Sell Best?, Moz