Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Search Console Delays, Google Maps Closed & SEO Expectations
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Explains How Search Console Reports Work
Feb 25, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Why are the reports in the Google Search Console delayed? Google explains.
- The Death Of Search Marketing Expertise
Feb 25, 2016 by Andrew Goodman
Where have all the search professionals gone? Contributor Andrew Goodman explores the state of the search agency industry today and wonders if we can be doing better.
- Google Is Fixing The “Permanently Closed” Problem
Feb 25, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist Joy Hawkins discusses how you can fix issues with old business locations being marked “Permanently closed” — and what Google may be doing to address the issue.
- Setting Local SEO Expectations: 3 Points To Hit Early And Often
Feb 25, 2016 by Jenny Foster
When it comes to providing SEO for local businesses, it’s crucial to set realistic expectations. Columnist Jenny Foster discusses three points she likes to drive home with clients to ensure a strong relationship and a smooth campaign.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How Much Of Your Content Marketing Is Effective?
- Marketing Land Live #2: Google Drops Right-Side Ads, Closes Compare & More
- Ad Tech Firm AdTheorent Launches Public Version Of Its Internal Attribution System
- Nielsen Will Start Measuring Snapchat Ads
- Canvas: Facebook’s Immersive Mobile Ad Experience Launches Internationally
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Rohit Prabhakar
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Predictive Analytics?
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: Best Practices For Brand Bidding (Part 3 of 8)
- Twitter Enhances Embedded Timelines
- Google’s New SERP Layout: The Biggest Winners & Losers
- Seeking $1.7 Billion In Back Taxes, France Is Latest To Go After Google
- Google Launches AMP Listings; Here’s How They Look
- 3 B2C Strategies You Can Eliminate When Doing Account-Based Marketing
- How To Get Started With Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- MarTech Today: Adobe’s New App Tool, Facebook’s Reactions & Getting Started With AMP
- Your 2016 Mobile Marketing Playbook
- PlaceIQ & Acxiom Use Location Data To Measure Offline Impact Of Addressable TV
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google wants us to change our name from 9to5Google, 9to5Google
- Mobile Devices Upend Google Search, Wall Street Journal
- What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team, New York Times
Local & Maps
- Classifying placemarks by region, Google Earth Blog
- Google Unveils Neural Network with “Superhuman” Ability to Determine the Location of Almost Any Image, technologyreview.com
- Sreet View gets you off the sidelines and into the game, Google LatLong
- Why the $%!# Does Google Keep Updating My Business Hours? (A Case Study), Imprezzio Marketing
- 3 Brilliant Ways We Built Links And Boosted Traffic For Our Clients, receptional.com
- Google Chrome Bought A Paid Link For $350,000, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Do I Have a PageRank of "n/a" in SEOquake?, semrush.com
- Apple plans Siri for Mac as tentpole feature for this fall’s OS X 10.12 launch, 9to5Mac
- DuckDuckHack Interview: Ben Schattinger, DuckDuckGo Blog
- Google Refreshes PDFs In Their Index Slower Than Web Pages, Search Engine Roundtable
- Review Stars Begin Returning To Google Search Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- What Are The Best SEO Pricing Methods?, Leverable SEO
- What Is An SEO Copywriter? 23 Questions, Answered, SuccessWorks
SEM / Paid Search
- Google Removes Right-hand Text Ads – Is the Sky Falling? No, Metric Theory
- How to Play PPC Like Fantasy Football, KoMarketing
- How to Spot an SEO Scam: 11 Red Flags, reviewjump.com
- Learn How To Test Mobile & Desktop Ads Correctly, certifiedknowledge.org
- SEO Affected by Google Removing Right-Side Ads from SERPs, BruceClay.com
- Sidebar Ads – My Conspiracy Theory, PPC Hero