Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google Search Impact Report, Expedia Buys Orbitz & AdWords Topics
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AdWords Success for 2015: Conversion Tips from Inside Experts
Is your AdWords campaign ready for success in 2015?
- 10 WordPress SEO Questions That Took Me 10 Years To Answer!
Looking to implement WordPress for your website or blog? Let columnist Trond Lyngbø give you the run-down on the SEO implications with these frequently asked questions.
- Now It’s Expedia Vs. Priceline As Orbitz Swallowed For $1.6 Billion
After buying Travelocity last month, Expedia grabs Orbitz in competitive bidding.
- Google’s Search Impact Report Goes Live For Select Few Webmasters
Google releases the alpha version of their new search queries report in Google Webmaster Tools to a small number of Webmasters for feedback and testing. We have screen shots of the new tool.
- AdWords Scripts Bulks Up With Bulk File Uploads
AdWords scripts now support bulk uploads to your accounts, and columnist Russell Savage shows how you can use this new functionality to create campaigns, modify acc
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Expedia Wants You to #GetARoom For Valentine’s Day
- Cross Boundaries And Succeed With Technology-Powered Marketing – Attend MarTech
- Report: Pinterest Is Working On A “Buy” Button
- Conductor Lands $27 Million Funding For Its Fight Against Paid Media
- Baidu: In Q4 Mobile Search Revenues Exceeded PC Earnings
- 7 Limitations Of Big Data In Marketing Analytics
- A Complete Guide To Twitter Promoted Video Ads
- Is Yahoo Stealing Mobile Search Share From Bing?
- Who Created Your Email Strategy? It’s Time To Own It
- Apple iOS App Pins Have Arrived On Pinterest For iPhone & iPad
- 6 Top Takeaways From Twitter CEO Dick Costolo’s Goldman Sachs Q&A
- HubSpot 2014 Earnings Report: Revenue Jumped 49% & Customer Count Up 35%
- Twitter Acquires Niche, A Link Between Brands & Video Creators
- IKEA Solves Household Clutter And Discord With Emoticon App
Search News From Around The Web:
- More Defendants Win Keyword Advertising Lawsuits, Eric Goldman
Local & Maps
- Majestic Business Pages Go Live, Majestic Blog
- When and How to use the Google Disavow Tool, linkresearchtools.com
- Sleuthing Search Engine: Even Better Than Google?, Wall Street Journal
- 16 Tips For SEO and Content Teams To Work Together, koozai.com
- 8 most common Yandex SEO penalties and filters, russiansearchtips.com
- Google Search Box Within Search Results: Where’s My Sitelinks Search Box?, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Defeat Duplicate Content – Next Level, Moz
- rel=canonical • What it is and how (not) to use it, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- What are keyword match types, and how do I use them?, Bing Ads Blog
- Google AdWords Editor Update Version 11.0.3, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Bing Ads Tablet Bid Modifiers Helped Reduce CPA by 47%, PPC Hero
- Long Live AdWords Editor 11! 3 Neat Features You Will Love, semrush.com
- Overcoming AdWords Conversion Data Discrepancies, The SEM Post
- Should You Localize Your PPC Campaigns?, PPC Hero