Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Search Serving Drink Recipes, Bing’s Taking User Suggestions & An AdWords App For Android
Amy Gesenhues on March 5, 2015 at 5:17 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Search Now Serving Up Cocktail Recipes With Drink Ingredients & Directions
Want to know how to make a Mint Julep? Just ask Google.
- Bing Listens: New Site Serves As A Suggestion Box For Bing Users
Bing already has close to 100 user-submitted ideas to improve it search engine. Will it act on any of them?
- Official: Google Compare For Auto Insurance Launches
Rolling out in California to start, Google is getting into the car insurance business with lead generation.
- Google May Discontinue Its AJAX Crawlable Guidelines
Does your site use AJAX? Well, Google may stop crawling those pages. More details to come from Google as early as next week.
- What’s The Most Searched Thing On Google? Turns Out It’s “Google”
Webmaster Trends Analyst Gary Illyes said the most searched term on Google is “Google” itself during SMX West session.
- Understanding How Your Brand Drives Google Shopping Campaign Traffic
Separating brand from non-brand traffic is not as straightforward in Google Shopping as it is for standard AdWords text ads, but columnist Mark Ballard has a solution.
- Google: The Mobile-Friendly Ranking Factor Runs In Real-Time & Is On A Page-By-Page Basis
Google tells us that the mobile-friendly algorithm launching in about a month is on a page-by-page basis and runs in real-time, which eases the concerns of many webmasters.
- Understanding & Leveraging Search By Voice: Up Close @SMX
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen recaps a presentation on voice search and opportunities for marketers, in coverage of the SMX West conference.
- Momofuku Ando Google Logo Marks Instant Noodle Inventor’s 105th Birthday
Ramen noodle creator was driven by humanitarian views: “Peace will come to the world when all its people have enough to eat.”
- Google Launches AdWords App For Android
Now available for download in the Google Play store.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Why Your Facebook Page’s Like Total Will Probably Fall
- Twitter Gives Advertisers Access To More Than 1,000 Big Data Target Audiences
- 14 Tips To Incorporate Social Media Into Event Marketing
- Everything’s Bigger In Texas: Sampling & Google Analytics Reports
- Expedia Promotes #VanGogh2015 With Free Trips To Holland Using Twitter’s Flock To Unlock
Search News From Around The Web:
- Rakuten Marketing Appoints Tony Zito CEO, marketing.rakuten.com
Local & Maps
- Do Not Incentivize Reviews – Not Even a Little Bit, localu.org
- Google Map Location Ranking, New Google Test, ignitevisibility.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Ads Power Tools: Overhaul Your Optimizations with the Opportunities Page, Bing Ads
- Expedia vs. Priceline in Paid Search, AdGooroo
- Paid Media Experts NEED Apply: The Fusion of Search, Social, Display, www.linkedin.com
- Paid Search Audits: Thinking Like a Marketer, SEMrush Blog
- Using RLSAs To Stay Live When Budget Is Low, www.ppchero.com
- What Businesses Should Really Look For In A Pay Per Click Company, ignitevisibility.com
- How To Identify A Mobile Rankings Demotion Using The New Search Impact Report in Google Webmaster Tools, hmtweb.com