Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Snack Pack, Multi-Colored Lines & Mobile SEO
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Mobile Multi-Colored Line Separators Now Live
Google seems to be rolling out the new mobile interface where they show Googley colored line separators in the mobile search results.
- Taming The Beast Of The Messy Enterprise SEM Campaign
Enterprise SEM can be a sprawling operation, but columnist Ted Ives suggests an organizational framework to keep it in hand.
- Google Local Pack Displaying Logos In Web Search Results
Google testing a new local pack in the web search results that display not just maps, but also logos and pictures of the business listing.
- How Much Traffic Will You Lose From The Upcoming Mobile SEO-Pocalypse?
Google’s mobile-friendliness update is coming this April, but should you be rushing to make your site mobile-friendly? Columnist Bryson Meunier explains how to estimate the impact on your site.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Fashion Retailer Encourages People To Re-Gram Its Specially-Processed Instagram Images And Apply Filters To Reveal Hidden Clues To Prizes
- Yahoo: Native Ads Drive 3.6X Lift In Branded Search Vs. Conventional Display
- Video Trends Report: Mobile Video Plays Doubled YoY In Q4 2014; Up 15% From Previous Month
- 5 Reasons You Should Attend MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference
- The Symbiotic Relationship Between Customer Loyalty & Advocacy
- Enhance Your Emails With Advanced Analytics Data
- Report: Instagram Now Getting More Brand Posts Than Facebook
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Support & Help Pages Show Which Googler Authored Them, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Growing up in the shadow of Everest, Google LatLong
- Why Link Building (the Right Way) is Still Important, linkresearchtools.com
- Protecting people across the web with Google Safe Browsing, googleblog.blogspot.com
- Brand is Not a Ranking Factor, The SEM Post
- Can a Google Answer Box Drive Significant Site Traffic?, Stone Temple
- Does Google Want To Kill The AJAX Web Like The Flash Web?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Penguin Algorithm Still Not Rolling Out Regularly & Monthly, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Use the SEMrush API in Google Sheets, SEMrush
- SEO Forecasting: How the SEO Professionals Feel, State of Digital
- SEO is not dead, but it’s definitely frustrating, econsultancy.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Everything You Need to Know About Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA), www.wordstream.com
- Unified Device Targeting: 5 best practices for optimizing campaigns, Bing Ads Blog
- Utilize These 4 Ad Extensions Above All Else, PPC Hero
- How To Evaluate The Quality Of Your Content, Search Engine People
- Protecting people across the web with Google Safe Browsing, Official Google Blog