Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Top Searches, Nest In Google Now & Google News In Spain Closes?
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google To Close Freebase, Which Helped Feed Its Knowledge Graph
Freebase announces they will close up shop after migrating their data and APIs to Wikidata. How will this impact the Google Knowledge Graph?
- Google Trends Rolls Out “2014 Trending Topics” Feature, Site Redesign & Expanded YouTube Lists
In time for Google’s 2014 #YearInReview, Google Trends now showing trending topics of the year.
- Google’s 2014 Top Trending Searches: The World Mourns Robin Williams, Asks About Ebola & Looks For Walmart
From the most popular Google Maps searches to the most asked, “What is…?” questions, Google gives us a look at its year in search.
- Don’t “Live. Die. Repeat.” Your Keyword Mistakes
Even Hollywood makes branding and SEO mistakes. Contributor Stoney deGeyter shows us how we can learn from a recent example.
- Nest + Google Now = Google’s Now Predicting How Your Home Should Run
Google takes Google Now to the next level but integrating your home appliances directly into voice search and predictive search behavior.
- Google News Still Available In Spain Despite Closure Deadline
News outlets such as the Wall Street Journal and AP are reporting that Google News España has shut down. However it appears to still be up and available on the site. As Barry Schwartz points out, if you visit news.google.es you’re directed to the following help page. The page offers an explanation and apology: As […]
- Wassily Kandinsky Google Logo Shares The Abstract Artist’s Style With Users Around The World
Today’s Google Doodle pays tribute to the “Father of Abstract Art” on what would have been the painter’s 148th birthday.
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX London
Do you have a topic you’d like to see covered in a session at SMX London 2015 on May 20-21, 2015? Something you’d like to see covered in depth, or a discussion of strategies and tactics for getting the most out your search marketing campaigns? If so, we’d like to hear from you. Anyone can […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter Ads Can Now Be Targeted By Mobile Carrier & New Devices
- Infographic: How Twitter Users Love To Watch & Tweet About TV
- Lowe’s Adds Instagram Hyperlapse Videos to Award-Winning #LowesFixInSix Vine Series
- E-Commerce Conversion Rate At Seasonal High, While Traffic Remains Strong
- IAB Says 100 Percent Viewability Isn’t Possible Yet, Sets 70 Percent Threshold
- InMobi Exchange Launches Programmatic Mobile App Audience Buying
- Survey: Just A Third Of Digital Marketers Make Mobile A Priority
- Help Your Marketing Team Build Airplanes, Not Minotaurs!
- More Marketers Now Dedicate Over Half Of Digital Budgets To Retargeting
- The New Year & The New CMO: 3 Key Predictions For 2015
- YouTube’s New Beta GIF Creator Is A Blessing For Brands
- LinkedIn Redesign To Display More Actionable Info To Help Trigger More Connections
- Yelp Introduces New App For Business Owners With Push Notifications
- Google Shopping May Go Deeper Into E-Commerce With “Buy Now” Button To Challenge Amazon
Search News From Around The Web:
- Clean up your bad backlinks, Yoast
- Using OpenApps in Majestic is now Easier, Majestic Blog
- Your Start-to-Finish Guide to Using Google’s Disavow Tool, moz.com
- Looking Into the Crystal Ball: 8 Predictions for SEO in 2015, thesempost.com
- Nothing About Negative SEO in Google Webmaster Guidelines, Bill Hartzer
- 2015 UK Automotive Trends by Ian Webber, advertising.microsoft.com
- From Lycos to Ask Jeeves to Facebook: Tracking the 20 most popular web sites every year since 1996, Washington Post