Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google UX Not On Desktop, Link Building & Keyword Research
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How To Build A Customer-Centric Keyword Strategy
Columnist Casie Gillette explains how to tap into the questions prospective customers are asking, learn the language they’re using, and use that intelligence to inform your strategy.
- Link Building Never Ends
Columnist Andrew Dennis discusses how to roll with the ongoing, cyclical nature of link building — and of digital marketing in general.
- Google: User Experience As A Ranking Signal Is Currently Only For Mobile Results, Not Desktop Results
Google’s desktop algorithm doesn’t use web page user experience as a ranking signal – that is only a mobile ranking signal.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Nissan To Award Altima To The Winner Of Its #AltimaChaseSweeps Social Scavenger Hunt
- How The Right Social Insights Can Boost Your Click-Through Rates
- Millennial Media, 33Across Go All In On 100 Percent Viewability
- Gigya Launches App Exchange for Customer Identity Management
- 8 Marketing Plan Differentiators That Will Make Your Strategy Pop
- Verizon To Buy AOL For More Than $4B, Extend Into Digital Advertising, Video
- Bigcommerce Rolls Out Enterprise E-Commerce Platform To All
- Content And SEO: Getting Basic With The Basics
- What’s A Video View? On Facebook, Only 3 Seconds Vs. 30 At YouTube
- Report: 78.8% Of Site Owners Use WordPress For Content Management
Search News From Around The Web:
- Answer: Victorians and palms trees? A thing?, SearchReSearch
- Bing Is Testing a New Site Search in Search Results, The SEM Post
- Bing Showing Most Recent Facebook Post in Company Knowledge Graphs, The SEM Post
- Google Issues Mass Manual Actions For Thin Content Over Weekend, Search Engine Roundtable
- Affiliate Datafeeds and Duplicate Content in a Post-Panda World, sugarrae.com
- Google Explains Panda & Penguin Are In The Real Time Infrastructure But Requires Manual Data Push, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Fixes Search Analytics Update Line Explanation In Webmaster Tools, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Gary Illyes: UX Will Never Be More Important Than Content For Ranking, Search Engine Roundtable
- How My Startup Dropped From $100K to $0 Overnight, Medium
- How to Choose the Right International SEO Site Structure, SEMrush Blog
- Mobile Marketing: How to Convert the Mobile Visitor, BruceClay.com
- The Frog Will See You Now:Screaming Frog SEO Health Check, koozai.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Labels: What Is The Max Number Of Labels, Search Engine Roundtable
- Save Time on Your PLA Feeds with Google Online Product Inventory Updates, RKG Blog
- The Greatest PPC Excel Function You’ve Never Heard Of, PPC Hero
- Brand vs Product and what does brand have to do with seo, cornwallseo.com
- You Finally Achieved Content Virality! Now What?, Moz