Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: New Google Reconsideration Requests, Four Google Ads & Bing Elections
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Gears Up For 2016 Elections: Launches Candidate Pages, Political Index & Timeline
Dec 8, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Bing says its “Election 2016” search experience is the first of several election-related features the site plans on rolling out.
- Best Practice Guide: Google Shopping Feed
Dec 8, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
There are different types of Google product data feeds, each of which serves a different purpose. The Google Shopping Feed contains all of your products’ information and attributes and is the data file you submit to Google Merchant Center. In order for Google to accept your products, your shopping feed needs to adhere to the […]
- Google Continuing To Test 4 Text Ads In Search Results
Dec 8, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
This isn’t the first time Google has experimented with four top-line ads in desktop results.
- TrueView For Shopping: Making YouTube The Next Big Shopping Destination
Dec 8, 2015 by Laura Collins
Want to enhance your video ads? Columnist Laura Collins discusses the impact that TrueView for Shopping has had on client shopping campaigns.
- Google Rewords Many Of Their Reconsideration Request Responses
Dec 8, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Seems Google has changed their language for the reconsideration requests. Is the language more specific and more helpful now?
- How To Have A Great Relationship With Your Link Builder
Dec 8, 2015 by Julie Joyce
A poor relationship between client and link builder can make any campaign fall apart. Contributor Julie Joyce advises on initial questions to ask that will help you both get the most out of your partnership.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter Is Testing Timelines That Are Not Reverse Chronological
- [Reminder] Organically Grown Email Lists — The Inside Track For Agencies
- Sticky, A Web-Based Eye Tracker, Can Now Track Your Emotions
- Now With 50 Million Pages, Facebook Offers New Messaging Tools & Capabilities
- How Facial-Recognition Software Will Shape The Future Of Email Marketing
- Growth Hack Your Marketing Career For 2016
- MarTech Today: Google’s Rich Snippets, Dynamic Number Insertion & Site Migration
- Software Review Site TrustRadius Has A New Way to Treat Reviews Obtained Through Vendors
- Advertising/Conversion Platform Ve Interactive Scoops Up Display Retargeting From eBay Enterprise
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Maps Minutes Hack #3: save time with up-to-date holiday business hours, Google LatLong
- Take a snowmobile with Google Maps to the sea ice habitats of the Arctic Eider duck, Google LatLong
- Video Deep Dive: Local Search is Haaaaard, Local University
- Bing Displaying "Popular on Web" Products in Search Results, thesempost.com
- Google Shows Many iOS Apps Ratings As One Star When It’s Not, Search Engine Roundtable
- Three Tools to Retrieve Location Based Searches at Google, Mike Blumenthal
- 2015 Google Search Quality Rating Guidelines Checklist, BruceClay.com
- Do Search Click-Throughs Help Determine Whether a Page Appears in Google Search Results?, SEO By The Sea
- Video Blog: Competitive Backlink Analysis for SEO, ignitevisibility.com
SEM / Paid Search
- The Complete AdWords Audit Part 13: Bid Management, Certified Knowledge