Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Paid ads, Bing search updates & SEO audits
Amy Gesenhues on January 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Are your paid search ads making the right impression?
Jan 5, 2017 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Impression share may not be the ultimate measure of paid search success, but columnist Jacob Baadsgaard shows how tracking this metric can lead to paid search improvements that can really boost your bottom line.
- Bing gets in shape with search updates for exercise & healthy recipe-related queries
Jan 5, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Just in time for New Year’s resolutions, Bing is rolling out new health-conscious search experiences.
- Three well-meaning paid search optimizations that might kill performance
Jan 5, 2017 by Andy Taylor
That recent adjustment to your paid search campaign seemed like a good idea at the time, but now you’re seeing a drop in performance. How could this happen? Columnist Andy Taylor notes some common issues that arise from well-intended optimization choices.
- Chrome’s DevTools for SEO: 10 ways to use these browser features for your SEO audits
Jan 5, 2017 by Aleyda Solis
If you’re conducting an SEO audit, you should probably be using DevTools in Google Chrome. Columnist Aleyda Solis shares 10 ways to use these tools to identify and fix SEO issues.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- AOL introduces BrandBuilder, a suite of goal-based ad programs and new ad formats
- A comprehensive guide to SSL certificates
- Taboola adds Commerce Sciences as part of its evolution ‘from widget to platform’
- Marketing automation for the little guy is helping to power the new economy
- 2016 in review: Insights for search marketers from Bing Ads
- Top 10 most shared video brands in 2016: Red Bull ranks No. 1 with 27M shares – more than double the No. 2 brand
- Report: Parents like the Internet of Things
- Amazon Alexa now has more than 7,000 voice apps, Google Assistant coming to TV
- A marketer’s take on the Trump era
- How programmatic and header bidding will disrupt all media in 2017
- 8 tips for jump-starting your social ads in 2017
- Google launching free mobile site creation tool in India. Will it come to North America?
- Medium will eliminate its Promoted Stories ad product following layoffs
Search News From Around The Web:
- 10 Common Misconceptions of Backlink Profiles, Search Engine Journal
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- Some Tips for Boosting your App’s Quality in 2017, Google Developers Blog
- A new guide to testing and experimentation in AdWords, Inside AdWords
- Apple’s Search Ads Are Generating Conversion Rates Higher Than 50%, Adweek
- Reviewing The Top Bing Updates Of 2016, PPC Hero
- The Definitive Programmatic Guide for PPC Managers, PPC Hero
- "Near Me" Local SEO Ranking Factors, Local SEO Guide
- Google Intrusive Interstitials Mobile Penalty Only Impacts Search Result To Page, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: How to Handle Near Identical Product Pages for Search, The SEM Post
- New AI Based Yandex Search Algorithm Palekh, State of Digital