Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Real-time search, SEO changes & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google ch-ch-ch-changes. How they’re affecting publishers and SEOs
Mar 17, 2016 by Kristine Schachinger
Is Google’s relationship with publishers and SEOs deteriorating? Columnist Kristine Schachinger discusses the state of this long-standing love-hate relationship and shares her thoughts on what this might mean for all concerned.
- Why real-time search algorithm updates may be bad news
Mar 17, 2016 by Patrick Stox
With real-time algorithm updates becoming the norm in place of manual releases, what issues might arise? Columnist Patrick Stox examines some potential effects of faster algorithm updates.
- St. Patrick’s Day Google doodle turns the logo green with a leaping shamrock
Mar 17, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Leading to a search for “St. Patrick’s Day,” today’s Google logo was designed by Irish artist and animator Chris O’Hara.
- SMX Advanced agenda is up! Secure your place today and save $500.
Mar 16, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Get ready for Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced, which returns to Seattle June 22–23. Two exceptional days of professional-level tactics, keynotes and networking await you! The agenda is now up, and SMX Advanced provides the latest, professional-level tactics and best practices in PPC, SEO, local and mobile search, social media marketing and more. Look forward to groundbreaking […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- RIP TweetDeck for Windows: App to sunset on April 15
- FTC continues its influencer marketing crackdown with Machinima order
- 6 strategies to build links for your small business website in 2016
- How advertisers should respond to fewer ads showing on Google
- Tumblr looks to repair ad biz with blogless ads, sales team’s return
- How to build an in-house marketing team for conversion optimization
- Now entering… the age of cognitive marketing
- The new performance creative: Where emotion, data and technology converge
- MarTech Today: Reactions to Google’s new Analytics Suite, Instagram’s feeds go algorithmic & HTTPS sites
- Report: Spending on corporate websites exceeds TV, mobile growing fastest
Search News From Around The Web:
- Should SEOs Be More Respectful To Google Webmaster Trends Analysts? Yes., Search Engine Roundtable
- WordPress Plugin to Easily NoFollow Links, thesempost.com
- Google Expands “People Also Search For” On Mobile, Mike Blumenthal
- How Google’s AMP Will Influence Your Online Marketing, Moz
- 5 Common Misconceptions About Google’s Algorithm, Search Engine People
- Spider Traps: Find out how to identify & fix spider traps, stateofdigital.com
- What is mobile-friendly? A look from the user perspective, State of Digital
- What is SEO Copywriting and Why Is It Important?, seocopywriting.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Ways To Improve Your Bing Reporting Skills, PPC Hero
- Advanced PPC Targeting for B2B Advertisers, Metric Theory
- Google Ad Grants in 2016: Give and Take, Marketing Mojo
- Google Displaying Domain In Some AdWords Ad Titles?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Should you bid on non-branded keywords that you already rank organically for?, Certified Knowledge