Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Search engine entities, pictures & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Newly-granted Google patent sheds light on how the search engine sees entities
Jan 13, 2017 by Dave Davies
Columnist Dave Davies explains a recent Google patent which hints at how the search engine processes entity information to answer questions. This can provide hints into how SEOs can structure their content to be deemed relevant.
- 10 things every performance marketer should know
Jan 13, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
In the age of digital marketing, terms like attribution, mobile marketing and ROI reign supreme. Businesses are constantly looking for new ways to get the most out of their advertising spend, and publishers are on the hunt for the best offers and highest payouts. There’s a lot to learn when it comes to success in […]
- Search in Pics: Google Bollywood car, orange tree & indoor bike parking
Jan 13, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google Bollywood car: Source: Twitter Indoor orange picking at Google: Source: Instagram Circular ping pong table […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Holiday e-commerce sales crushed expectations, NRF says
- Four trends that will reshape marketing in 2017
- Fetch and Horror: 3 examples of how fetch and render in GSC can reveal big SEO problems
- A simple checklist to prep for the Google mobile-first index
- Super Bowl LI teaser ads a no show so far this year with brands keeping campaigns under wraps
- Get ready: The 2017 Marketing Land #HashtagBowl is coming soon!
- My first CES: What I saw, learned and questioned
- Cloverleaf’s new grocery shelf displays watch shoppers, track their emotions
- Google taking another run at simple website creation for small businesses
- Content marketing ideation: Where do good ideas come from?
- Snapchat’s updated search bar makes it easier to find Discover channels, Live Stories
- Integrated Marketing Analytics: Creating a single source of data truth
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- 5 ways Google Maps can make your next weekend trip better, PC World
- Google Maps is becoming Mexico’s newest form of protest, Fusion
- 4 ways Artificial Intelligence changes the game for SEO, thenextweb.com
- Google Home Traffic Labeled By Google Analytics As Direct Traffic, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Intrusive Interstitials Mobile Penalty Hurting Some Site’s Mobile Rankings Now, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Mobile-First Index Not Launching That Soon, Maybe Later This Year, Search Engine Roundtable
- Mobile First Index: Google to Notify Sites of Possible Issues via Search Console, thesempost.com
- My 5 Favorite Things About Being an SEO, semrush.com
- No Need to Change Canonicals from Desktop for Mobile First Indexing, thesempost.com
- SEO Weather Reporting Tools & Google Ranking Experiments, thesempost.com
- Structured data with Schema.org: the ultimate guide, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- Mobile search ads will feature a click-to-call option automatically after Feb 6th, Google Ads Developer Blog