Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Spain Wants Back, Google News Archive & AdWords Countdown
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- New Widget In AdWords Makes Countdown Copy Easy
Quickly set up dynamic countdowns in ads without having to type variable strings. Quickly set up dynamic countdowns in ads without having to type variable strings.
- Google Faces Potential $19M Privacy Fine In The Netherlands
- Spanish Newspapers Want Government To Force Google To Keep News Open In Spain
A new effort by the Spanish Newspaper Publishers Association (AEDE) to prevent Google from shutting down its News site in Spain is an amazing example of industry chutzpah or hubris. The action shows so much chutzpah in fact that it enters the realm of unintentional political satire. First the background if you don’t already know […]
- Google News Archive Returns Via Search Tools
You can once again search the Google News archive, dating back to 2003.
- 2014, The Year Google Display Network Grew Up: Will SEMs Embrace It?
This was a huge year for AdWords changes. There has been ample attention given to many of the flashier new feature releases in 2014. There have also been many small changes that barely got a mention; many of those smaller, under-hyped updates were related to Google Display Network (GDN) targeting. Not a single change to GDN in 2014 was […]
- Best Rates for Search Engine Land’s SMX West End Friday – Register Now!
Attend Search Engine Land’s SMX West conference in San Jose, CA March 3-5. Register before rates increase end of day Friday. Build your own program (and maximize your investment) by selecting from any of the 60 tactic-rich sessions including: Penguin Penalty Prevention: Link Acquisition & Audit Techniques You Need To Know Converting The Mobile SEM […]
- Facebook Drops Bing From Facebook Search Results
The end to a long relationship with Microsoft search is another signal that Facebook is concentrating on serving connections within its network.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 20th Century Fox Promotes “Taken 3” With Clever Social Campaigns
- Facebook Says Redesigned Right-Rail Ads Are Performing Better
- Report: Apple iPhone Drives Half Of All Mobile Internet Traffic
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions For Display Advertising In 2015
- Reports: Mobile Apps Capture Most Internet Time, Exceed TV
- The 8 Most Common Content Optimization Mistakes We Saw In 2014
- Best Rates for Marketing Land’s SMX West End Friday – Register Now!
Search News From Around The Web:
- 15 SEO Gurus That You Should Know for 2015, Forbes
- SEO Company Requires Employees To Take Polygraph Tests, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Announcing deprecation of the Google Earth API, Google Geo Developers Blog
- Google Expands Hours Worldwide for My Business Support, Mike Blumenthal
- Apple: Local Search Embedded in Spotlight as a Default – Can it Move the Needle?, Mike Blumenthal
- New 3D causing Street View crash in New York and San Francisco, Google Earth Blog
- What Might be Affecting your LOCAL Search Rankings?, CanuckSEO
- Penguin 3.0 – Complete Guide to Recovery, Search Engine People Blog
- Through the Google lens: search trends December 6-11, Official Google Blog
- Bing predicts The Voice finals, Bing Search Blog
- 5 Facts Business Owners Need To Know about SEO in 2015, SEMrush Blog
- 6 SEO Myths You will Be Taking into 2015, SEO Theory
- Google Says New TLDs (Top Level Domains) Do Not Rank Better Than Other TLDs, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Predicting RLSA Expansion In 2015, PPC Hero
- Google Public DNS and Location-Sensitive DNS Responses, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- People-Based Targeting Takes Center Stage In A Keywordless World 12/15/2014, MediaPost
- Reminder to migrate to updated Google Data APIs, Google Developers Blog