Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: The Day In Search, August 2, 2013
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Display Planner Tool To Replace Ad Planner, Placement Tool & Contextual Targeting Tool
Google announced they are migrating three existing AdWords tools directly into a new version of the Google Display Planner. Specifically, the Contextual Targeting Tool, the Placement Tool and the Google Ad Planner are all going to be built into the Display Planner Tool. Google says this makes your life easier giving you access “with one […]
- Revealed: The 17 Other Search Engines The FTC Warned Over Paid Ad Disclosures
In June, the US Federal Trade Commission warned seven “general purpose” search engines — including Google, Bing and Yahoo — about the need to ensure they were properly disclosing paid ads. But 17 other “specialty” search engines were also warned. Which ones? The FTC wouldn’t say. Thanks to a Freedom of Information Act request, Search […]
- Search In Pics: Googlers At Apple & Microsoft Stores, Designer Glass & The Simpsons On Google Street View
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Google Interns At Apple’s Genius Bar: Source: Google+ Google Interns At Microsoft’s Windows Store: Source: Google+ […]
- Suing Your SEO: Can An Agency Be Held Liable For Poor Results?
It was only a matter of time before a lawsuit was filed against a search engine optimization agency for failing to deliver. Last week, the legal marketing industry was aTwitter (and aFacebook and even aPlus) with news that law firm Seikaly & Stewart had filed a lawsuit against The Rainmaker Institute seeking a return of […]
- Twitter Launches Its Version Of Universal Search Results
Twitter is in the process of rolling out what you could call its version of “universal search results” on Twitter.com. The changes bring Twitter’s Web search more in line with the current mobile experience. Twitter announced the changes this afternoon via tweet: Search update on http://t.co/eNvqKTup1d: See photos & accounts in results + recent searches […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Slideshow: The Periodic Table Of SEO Success Factors Explained
- DOJ Seeks To Monitor Apple iBooks, iTunes In Proposal To Court
- Google’s Quality Score Change: What Marketers Need To Know
- Moto X: Google’s Real Answer To The iPhone
- LinkedIn Earned $363.7 Million In 2Q 2013, Up 59% Compared To Same Time Last Year
- Twitter Adds Photos, Accounts To Web Search Results
- HootSuite Wins One Of The Biggest VC Deals Of The Year, Securing $165 Million In Financing
Search News From Around The Web:
- Rockmelt Blog: Big Company News, Yahoo!
Local & Maps
- Google Local Business Photos Showing Broken Images (No Entry Sign), Search Engine Roundtable
- Broken Link Building with MajesticSEO, Majestic SEO Blog
- Expanding Public Alerts in Japan with Severe Weather Warnings, Official google.org Blog
- iOS Organic Search Referrers Return, But Not Entirely, RKG Blog
- Do All Google Webmaster Tools Messages Mean You’ve Been Penalized?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: Google Link Schemes & Press Releases, Responsive AdSense Ads & AdWords Quality Score Changes, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- The History of SEO, and a Glimpse Into Its Future [SlideShare], blog.hubspot.com