SearchCap: The Day In Search, December 30, 2009
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Now That Everything Is Known, Will The Nexus One Launch Generate a Collective Yawn?
The way that the “Google Phone” rumors and later Nexus One blogging played out probably mean that when Google finally announces the device on January 5 (in all likelihood) there won’t be much news. I could be quite wrong of course. Regardless, I imagine the event will be interesting — something like “a year of […]
- Year In Review: Search Goes Mobile
The iPhone was introduced on June 29, 2007 and that was effectively the beginning of the mobile internet era. With the iPhone also came the acceleration of mobile search for Google, the default engine for the iconic Apple device.
This year mobile became a cornerstone of Google’s strategy with a string of announcements, product tweaks and […]
- Top 10 Reasons Your Website Should Go Mobile
The mobile web is a fascinating space that is still in its infancy. If the current capabilities of mobile devices are a sign of things to come, I can only imagine what will be possible five years from now.
Here are 10 reasons I think that anyone with an online presence should establish a […]
Search News From Around The Web:
Local, Maps & Mobile
- Leaked Nexus One Documents: $530 Unlocked, $180 With T-Mobile, Gizmodo
- Google Voice to go fully VoIP, open to all in 2010?, thenextweb.com
- Tracking Back Links: How Do You Do It?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Aren’t You Building Links From Relevant Sites?, SEO.com
Paid Search & Contextual
- Did You Know You Can Edit Your Google Professionals Search Result Listing?, Search Marketing Sage
- Google AdWords Images With Girls in Thongs Allowed?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Sphinn Submissions on Holiday for New Year’s Weekend, Sphinn Blog
SEO & SEM
- Can You Optimize for Stop Words in Search Results?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google 302 Hijack Attempt on CNN for Blackberry News?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Insider: Yes, PageRank Determines Your Indexation Cap, Websimple
- Google Promises to Fix Google Webmaster Tools API Verification Process in January, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Most Stumbled Sites of 2009, StumbleUpon Blog
- Twitter 2.0: API Rate Change Could Lead to a World of New Apps & Features, Read/Write Web
Video, Music & Image Search
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.