Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: The Day In Search, July 29, 2011
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Users Are From Internet Explorer; Google Users From Firefox, Chrome & Safari
While almost 75% of Bing visitors in North America use Internet Explorer, only about 40% of Google’s search visitors use the web’s most popular browser. Instead, Google deals with Firefox, Apple’s Safari and Google’s own Chrome browser cause those to combine and outdistance IE usage. Internet Explorer Is Big On Bing The figures come from a […]
- 3 Google Tools That Can Help Boost AdWords Campaign Performance
Fact: Google spoils us when it comes to free tools to optimize our search campaigns. Over the past few years, they’ve released a ton of really useful products that allow us to mine for keywords, auto-bid our campaigns, test ad copy and more. It’s true that Google doesn’t strike gold every time it releases something […]
- Search In Pics: Captain America At Yahoo, Mozcot & Yarhoo
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Captain America Visits Yahoo: SEOmoz’s Mascot, a Mozcot? ‘Yarhoo’ – Family Day: Google Feetburners: Android Toys […]
Search News From Around The Web:
- Alibaba, Yahoo, Softbank settle Alipay rift, ZDNet
- Google Buys Inventions From IBM as It Aims to Build Patent Hoard, BusinessWeek
- Google Retires 13-Year-Old ‘Google Friends’ Newsletter, TechCrunch
Local, Maps & Mobile
- Google Street View cameras to return to Finland, yle.fi
- Foursquare & Groupon Hook Up for Real-Time Deals, mashable.com
- New Google Search experience for tablets, Inside Search
- 7 Strategies To Build a Link Building Plan, Search Engine People
- Turning Duplicate Content Lemons Into Linkbuilding Lemonade, linkspiel.com
- Multilingual Google Voice Search Query, Search Engine Roundtable
- Meet The Google Maps Team on Monday, August 1st, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: Google Panda 2.3 Update With Recoveries, Bing Ads In Organic Results & Google Image Search Tracking Change, Search Engine Roundtable
SEO & SEM
- Learn About the New Features in Upcoming adCenter API Version 8, adCenter API Blog for Developers
- 10 Image Optimization Tips For Local SEO, BruceClay.com
- Bing Webmaster Tools Sitemap Pending Bug, Search Engine Roundtable
- Case Study: Determining Site Architecture From Keyword Research, distilled
- Replicate Google’s Panda Questionnaire – Whiteboard Friday, SEOmoz
- SEO Never Stops, Searching Beyond the Paid
- The July 2011 Microsoft Advertising adCenter Upgrade is Here!, adCenter Blog
- When Is Fixing Duplicate Content Issues Really Worth My Time, internetmarketingninjas.com
- A new field you’ll encounter in tweet objects with the REST & Streaming APIs, Twitter Developers
- Facebook launches bug bounty program, CNET News
- Obama spams Republican Twitter handles to urge debt compromise, Tecca
Video, Music & Image Search
- How to view regional search traffic in Google Analytics, econsultancy.com
Recent Hot Items From Sphinn, Our Social News Sharing Site:
- Ultimate List of Blogging Tools for Pros – Really deep collection of blog related tools.
- The Cat in The Hat Teaches SEO – Instructions of how to use A/B Testing & PPC to inform keyword research as explained by the Cat in the Hat.
- An Interview of Branko Rihtman (AKA: SEO Scientist) – Aaron and Branko talking = equals a must-read for SEOs.
- How Being “Friends” On Google+ Leads To Better Rankings – A very interesting observation from Danny Sullivan on how Google+ is apparently influencing natural search results.