SearchCap: The Day In Search, October 8, 2013
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How Will Google Hummingbird Impact Links? Here Are 6 Ways
So you have a question you would like answered, and that question is: “How Will Google Hummingbird Impact Links?” It’s still way too early in Hummingbird season to fully understand the impact of the new algorithm, but I’ve spotted a few clues, and the title of this column is a direct result of those clues. […]
- Content Curation: Pruning Old “Fresh” Content To Reveal The Evergreen
Most sites deliver regularly produced content as part of their architecture. At its simplest it might just be a blog section through which company news, updates, and outreach are posted. At its best, however, it’s a carefully pruned source of evergreen SEO traffic and a lean component of your site indexing strategy.
- New Disconnect Tool Enables Private Searches Without Logging Out Of Online Accounts
Online security software provider Disconnect launched their latest search tool, Disconnect Search this week. According to the announcement, Disconnect Search allows users to perform private searches on sites like Google, Yahoo and Bing via their address bar or omnibox, “without having to change their behavior.” Disconnect says their new tool routes search queries through the […]
- Yahoo Releases New Search Experience For iOS Devices
Yahoo rolled out a newly designed search experience for iOS users today. According to the company, the new design mirrors the PC search update Yahoo launched earlier this year. Now, instead of the previous Yahoo Search tabs, users on iOS mobile devices will see a navigation bar that disappears when a they begin to scroll. […]
- SMX Social Media Marketing: Super Early Bird Rates Expire Friday – Register Now!
Master paid, earned, and owned social media. Attend Search Engine Land’s SMX Social Media Marketing conference for two days of tactic-filled sessions and invaluable networking. View the agenda. All Access, Workshop, and Boot Camp passes available. Save up to $300 with Super Early Bird rates before they expire this Friday – Register now!
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Focusing On “Objectives” Facebook Simplifies Ad Creation, Measurement
- Google’s Eric Schmidt & Jonathan Rosenberg To Pen Book Offering Up Google Management’s “Secret Sauce”
- Report: BlackBerry May Be Sold For Parts
- A Simple Commitment To “Experience” May Just Ease Marketer Distress
- Understanding Digital Enmeshment
- Facebook Bolsters TV Presence Thanks To Partnerships With 8 Overseas Stations
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google takes down more than eight ‘pirate’ links every second, theguardian.com
- 4 More Quick Link Building Strategies for the Long Term | Above the Fold & Socially Acceptable, blog.intrapromote.com
- Have You been hit by Penguin 2.1 (Penguin 5)?: Link Building, Receptional
- Recipe for a Quality Link, Vertical Measures
- White Hat Tiered Link Building – The Definitive Guide, techtage.com
- Developing a Career in SEO – 3 Reasons to Work for an Agency, stateofdigital.com
- Flashy vs. Simple Websites: Does One Lead to Better SEO?, Search Engine Journal
- Google: How Do I Show Up In The Bacon Number Results?, Search Engine Roundtable
- October 2013 Google Webmaster Report: Penguin 2.1, Hummingbird & Link Networks, Search Engine Roundtable
- Original Content Might Not Be All That Important For Google?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Ten Reasons Why Your SEO Agency Just Ain’t Getting It Done!, Marketing Pilgrim
- What Is SEO Now that Everything Is (Not Provided)?, Moz
- What’s in Your Wallet: How 11 Marketers Budget for SEO Tools, authoritylabs.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Engage with Bing Ads on LinkedIn: Ask an Expert and PPC Ideas Exchang, Bing Ads Blog
- Holiday Optimization for PPC: Prep & Strategy, Search Marketing Sage
- Patience Prevails in PPC, SEER Interactive
- Remarketing Lists for Search Ads, PPC Chat Streamcap
- Top 12 Ways to Prepare for Product Ads, Yahoo Advertising Blog
- Building your keyword-specific ads: fast, faster, and fastest, 3qdigital.com
- Has the impact of encrypted search been consistent by sector?, eConsultancy
- Ideas for Keword (Not Provided), Luna Metrics
- Optimizing Without Seeing: The Lead Generation Challenge, PPC Hero
- Discovering Searcher Intent and Creating the Right Content, offerchat.com
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.