Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: SEO In 2016, Missed Campaign Opportunities & Google Adds Animal Sounds
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Agrees To Complicated Worldwide “Right To Be Forgotten” Censorship Plan
Mar 4, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Google will ensure those within a country where a RTBF request was granted cannot find censored content, regardless of what Google edition they use.
- Where Will SEO Go This Year?
Mar 4, 2016 by Benjamin Spiegel
What changes are ahead for SEO in 2016? From the rise of social search to a shift in who enters the field, columnist Benjamin Spiegel predicts what we should expect to see.
- Why Copying Campaigns Between Search Engines Misses Opportunities
Mar 4, 2016 by John Cosley
Are you making the most of the unique characteristics of each search engine? Contributor John Cosley explains paid search opportunities you may be missing.
- Search In Pics: Google AMP, SMX & Androidify Station
Mar 4, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
- Google Adds 19 Animal Sounds To Search
Mar 4, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
What sound does a pig make? Ask Google and it will actually let you listen to the answer.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Trump Mostly Tweeting From An iPhone 2 Weeks After Apple Boycott Call
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live Show #3: Search As Personal Assistant, Facebook Vs. Periscope & More
- How New & Existing Customers Interact With Your Paid Search Ads Differently
- How To Grow Online Market Share Without Increasing Your PPC Budget
- Getting The Most From Your Conference Experience
- Why “Go Viral” Is Not An Effective Content Marketing Strategy
- We Marketers Aren’t As “Automated” As We Think
- Three Facebook Direct Response Products You Should Be Using Now
- MarTech Today: Amazon Echo, Apple’s Tech Support On Twitter & Preventing Ad Fraud
- Live Streaming Video Survey Finds 44% Of Brands Have Produced Live Video & 20% Plan To
- Smartphone Ownership Just Shy Of 80 Percent [comScore]
- As Yahoo Seeks To Raise $1B In Cash, Rumor Suggests Sale Of Search Assets
- Facebook Plans To Open Messenger To Publishers At F8 In April
- Here’s Why Martech Needs Some New Metrics
- Smart Goals Roll Out To More AdWords Advertisers As Google Cuts The Eligibility Requirements In Half
Search News From Around The Web:
- Advanced Audience Targeting for Remarketing and ROI #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Disney, Vistaprint & Autodesk’s 2016 Approach to SEO #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Google Dance 2016: Amazing Event for Webmasters, The SEM Post
- How Google Works: A Google Ranking Engineer’s Story #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Q&A with Paid Search Experts: The PPC Roundtable #SMX, BruceClay.com
- What You Need To Know About Apple iOS App Search & Universal Links #SMX, BruceClay.com
- Google’s Gary Illyes Done Giving Us Penguin 4.0 Launch Date Estimates, Search Engine Roundtable
- Hardware Upgrade and the Effect on the Historic Index, Majestic Blog
Local & Maps
- Google My Business Adds Bulk Photo Uploads Via Spreadsheets, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Appears To Be Testing A New, Simpler Layout For Ratings In The Play Store, Android Police
- Are we making personal search WORSE?, SearchReSearch
- Position 10 In Google Gets More Clicks Than Positions 8 Or 9, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- 7 Google Analytics Metrics You Should Use For CRO, PPC Hero
- Introducing the Keyword Optimizer sample app for the AdWords API, Google Ads Developer Blog
- 5 Ways to get SEO Traffic in a Hard Niche, QuickSprout
- Font size matters – a new factor ranking mobile-friendly pages in Yandex, Russian Search Tips
- Google App Indexing Ranking Boost Won’t Counteract Algo Penalty Issue, The SEM Post