Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Yahoo & Bing Go Offline, GM Cars Go Local & More
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How Should SMBs Buy Local Search Advertising: Automated Services Vs. Sales Reps?
Who should small- and medium-sized businesses turn to for help with search marketing? Columnist Wesley Young of the Local Search Association starts the discussion.
- GM Turning Its Cars Into Rolling (Local) Search Engines
Company hopes that 4G LTE will attract and retain OnStar subscribers.
- Local SEO In 2015 – Look At The Big Picture
When you’re doing Local SEO, columnist Greg Gifford reminds us, you must take a step back and look at the big picture if you want to be successful.
- So, The CTO Hates Your SEO Project…
Columnist Eric Enge shares his tips for working with a dev team that doesn’t fully understand search engine optimization.
- Yahoo Search Back Online After 4+ Hour Outage; Bing Went Down Earlier Friday
Outage seems to have hit around 2:30 pm ET.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Yahoo’s Big Mobile Ad Play Is Coming
- Getting More Out Of AdWords Scripts: A Three-Part Series
- Cosmo Magazine Reports Facebook Video Engagement Rates Climbed 200% Year-Over-Year
- Will Advertising Work On Wearables?
- Poll Reveals Pessimism About Viewability In 2015 Among Digital Media & Ad Execs
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions To Get The Most From Your Data
- What You Didn’t Know About Geographic Targeting In Email
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Asked to Remove 345 Million "Pirate" Links in 2014, TorrentFreak
- Interview with Barry Schwartz @rustybrick, techwyse.com
- Google Penguin Went On A Break For The New Years, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Cards for Synonyms and Antonyms, Google Operating System
- 12 Kinds of Duplicate Content in Local SEO: Which Ones Are Trouble?, LocalVisibilitySystem.com
- An Important Lesson All Marketers Should Remember: Start Simple, Builtvisible
- Google: Site Command Doesn’t Need To Return Your Home Page First, Search Engine Roundtable
- January 2015 Google Webmaster Report: Penguin, Pigeon, Mobile & Knowledge Freebase, Search Engine Roundtable
- What is the Difference between SEO and Website Marketing?, SEO Theory
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 PPC Pitfalls that Kill ROI, SEMrush Blog
- Connecting Paid Search Spend to In Store Visits, SEER Interactive