Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: YP Launches Local Search Marketplace, 2015 Search Predictions & Content Marketer’s SEO Guide
Amy Gesenhues on March 4, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- YP Launches New Local Search Marketplace For National Advertisers
Once dismissed as the exclusive concern of small businesses, brands and national advertisers are recognizing the importance of location data and local search.
- The Shifting World Of Search: Predictions For 2015 And Beyond
As the search ecosystem matures, search engines must overcome new challenges. Columnist John Cosley of Bing discusses how search engines are adapting to new trends in order to address user needs.
- A Content Marketer’s Guide To SEO: A Checklist
Content is an integral element of search engine optimization (SEO), so check out columnist Thomas Stern’s handy checklist to ensure your content reaches its full potential.
- Google Tests Search Results Listings Without Descriptions
Google tests how searchers would react to not seeing a snippet description in the search results.
- How Google Made It A Little Harder To Reach Google.com From Outside The US
Google says the change is meant to help local searchers, but does the Right To Be Forgotten play a role?
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- TweetDeck Users Will Now Have To Sign In With Their Twitter Credentials
- Instagram Offers New Clickable Carousel Ads
- Google Wins Injunction Against Misssippi Attorney General’s “Conspiracy” To Censor Search Results
- The Missing Piece Of Marketing Automation That Could Change Everything
- Marketing Stats Toolbox: Mapping Tablet Usage Rates By State
- How Playbuzz.com Attracted 58 Million Unique Monthly Visitors Within 10 Months Of Launching
- From The White House To Shark Week: Get To Know The Discovery Channel’s Chief Communications Officer
- How Welcome Emails Help Predict Future Subscriber Engagement & Value
- Pinpoint Targeting & Animated Ads Coming To Pinterest Soon
Search News From Around The Web:
- How To Use Social Link Intersect for Quick Linkbuilding Wins, Builtvisible
- SEO Now 2015: What is Successful Link Building in 2015?, State of Digital
Local & Maps
- Doctor on Demand Improves Patient Care using Google Maps APIs, googleforwork.blogspot.com
- Start Acting Like the Content Marketing Publisher You Are, thesempost.com
- How Do You Google? New Eye Tracking Study Reveals Huge Changes, www.forbes.com
- Once upon a time there was World Read Aloud Day…, Bing Search Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Do Your AdWords Scripts Keep Giving You Timeout Errors?, PPC Hero
- Improve campaign performance with highly relevant keywords, ads and landing pages, Bing Ads Blog
- One Surefire Way to Maximize a Limited by Budget Campaign, PPC Hero
- Transform PPC Data into Striking Pivot Table, aimClear Blog
- Use Google AdWords Call-Only Campaigns, SEMrush Blog
- 3 Critical Reasons SEO Must Start at a Website’s Inception, semrush.com
- 7 Video Tips to Impact Your Website’s SEO Rankings, SEMrush Blog
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Configure My Site, Yoast
- Everything Google Looks at for Mobile SEO, ignitevisibility.com
- Google and Wikipedia: Best Friends Forever, Newslines
- Google Norwegian Hreflang Language Codes NO, NB or NN, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Mobile Update To Not Negatively Impact Non-Responsive Sites?, www.davidnaylor.co.uk
- March 2015 Google Webmaster Report: Mobile, Updates, Panda, Links & More, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Engine Optimisation, SEO for things and not strings!, Ryan C Walsh