Site Command Limited To 30 Results? Google Says A Temporary Domain Clustering Bug
The rumors were that with the recent domain clustering change Google pushed out this week has severely impacted the site command. Those rumors are true.
Google’s Matt Cutts told us that this is a “temporary side effect of the domain clustering change,” they pushed out yesterday. Matt, the head of Google’s search spam said, “we expect that site: will be back to showing lots of results by sometime next week.”
Here is a screen shot of what a site command might look like for a large site like amazon.com:
As you can see, this can be pretty scary for some webmasters.
Truth is, as expected, it is an unintended side effect of the domain name clustering change.
As we said, this will likely be resolved by next week, so no need to panic.
- Google’s Matt Cutts: Domain Clustering To Change Again; Fewer Results From Same Domain
- Google’s June-July Updates: Site Clustering, Sitelinks Changes & Focus On Page Quality
- The “About 260″ Problem: Google Site: Command Glitch
- Google Removes The + Search Command
- Google Testing New ‘Search Within’ Tool; Also, Bigger URLs In Search Results
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.