Glassdoor has released their 2012 survey of best places to work in 2012 and Google has beat Facebook for the first time in four years in that survey.
Google scored a 3.9 overall by their employees while Facebook scored a 3.7. In 2011 Facebook scored a 4.2 and Google scored a 4.1. Although Facebook employees earn about $3,000 more on average than Google employees and although the interview process is harder at Google than Facebook, Googlers in 2012 are more happy with their company than Facebook.
Googlers seem to complain less about long hours and work/life balance issues than Facebook. I guess that comes with Facebook still being in a pre-IPO phase. While Googlers complain more about salary and compensation. Also, more Googlers approve of their CEO when compared to Facebook employees.
Here is the Infographic sent out by Glassdoor on the survey results:
- Facebook Ranked #3, Google #5 For Best Places To Work
- Report: Google Still Top Desired Place To Work
- Study: Google, The “Most Attractive Employer”
- Google To Hire 6,000 Plus, While Yahoo Cuts Additional 1%
- Yahoo Search Engineers, Google Wants To Hire You
- Amongst Google Layoffs, Google Continues To Hire
- Google Changes Hiring Process To Meet Job Opening Needs
- Google’s Hiring Again
- More Yahoo Layoffs Coming Soon
- Updated: Yahoo Layoffs Happening Now
- Search Biz: AOL Spin Off, Yahoo Layoffs, Google Losses, IAC Spoons …
- Yahoo Layoffs Happening Live Online
- Yahoo Laying Off About 600 Employees
- Yahoo Cuts Positions, Shifting Search Emphasis