Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
The Best B2B Search Marketing Advice From 2010
For many business-to-business focused entities, it can be extremely frustrating to hear generic search marketing advice as well as tips for social media campaigns, because putting those theories into practice aren’t always practical for most B2B companies.
Couple a typically long research to purchase decision cycle with high-dollar transactions that don’t occur online in a nicely packaged shopping cart with e-commerce ROI tracking in place, and you can see how executing successful search marketing programs quickly becomes problematic.
On top of those basic issues, ‘boring’ industrial products or ‘ordinary’ professional services don’t necessarily make for sexy social media campaigns, and that leaves many B2B marketers at a loss for planning their content and social media strategies. Pay Per Click advertising costs often seem exorbitant, often disconnected to the actual cost per acquisition and challenging to attribute to direct ROI, particularly when “conversions” are painfully difficult to measure, let alone increase.
Yet, upon closer inspection, there are indeed many ways to jumpstart business-to-business search marketing campaigns, as our Strictly Business columnists have shown us in the last year. Here are some of the most popular articles from our B2B experts in 2010, which will hopefully inspire your 2011 B2B search marketing plans.
B2B Basics & Business Issues
- What’s The Best Formula For B2B Search Marketing Success?
- How To Hire The Perfect B2B Search Marketing Manager
- B2B Search Marketing Success Is A 2-Part Equation
- 3 Steps To Get Started With B2B Relationship Marketing
- How To Manage A Thriving B2B Agency In Tough Economic Times
- Driving Traffic to Channel Partners with B2B Search Marketing
How Shifts In Search Trends Affect B2B Marketers
- What Do Caffeine And Mayday Mean For B2B Marketers?
- Assessing Google Instant’s Effect On B2B Marketers
- How Will New Changes To Google Places Help B2B Marketers?
Content & Keyword Development Strategies
- A Six-Step Content Marketing Check-Up For B2B Marketers
- Why B2B Blogs Aren’t Achieving SEO Success
- Why B2B Marketers Should Leverage Flickr
- Can Article Marketing Work For B2B SEO?
- What Business Searchers Are Looking For…. Might Surprise You
- B2B Blogging: Let’s Call It Something Else!
- B2B Blogging: Your “Social Media Boomerang”
Successful Paid Search Campaigns & Advertising Strategies
- 6 Common Mistakes In B2B PPC Advertising
- 7 Tips To Make Better Keyword Bidding Decisions In B2B Paid Search
- 4 Tips To Go Global With B2B Search Marketing
- B2B Paid Search: Why You Need To Pay For Branded Terms
- B2B Hubs Or PPC? Are All Leads Created Equal?
- Does Quality Score Impact B2B Search Advertising Success?
- 6 Tactics For Overcoming The High Cost Of Clicks In B2B PPC
- 3 Tips To Boost B2B Paid Search ROI Via Intra-Brand Collaboration
Conversion Metrics & Analytics
- 5 Tips To Improve Conversion On B2B Landing Pages
- How To Use Google Analytics To Maximize B2B ROI: Part I & Part II
- Finding The Right Calls-To-Action For Your B2B Website
- 5 Tips For Looking Beyond Wins And Losses In B2B Metrics