The Harry Houdini Google Logo
Today on Google you will find a special logo for Harry Houdini’s 137th Birthday.
Houdini is a legendary magician, actor and escape artist. He was born today in 1874 in Budapest and made his claim to fame in the United States living to the age of 52, dying in Detroit, Michigan on October 31, 1926.
The logo helps honor Houdini’s contributions to the world by remembering him for what he is most well-known for – his escape acts. Those include, Mirror handcuff challenge, Milk Can Escape, Chinese Water Torture Cell, Suspended straitjacket escape, Overboard box escape, Buried Alive stunt and many more.
But not many people know Harry Houdini’s real name, it was Erik Weisz.
To learn more about his life, see Wikipedia.
- Google Logo & “Pegwoman” Celebrate 100th Anniversary Of International Women’s Day
- Google’s Jules Verne Logo Powered By CSS3 & Accelerometers
- The Google Rosa Parks Logo
- The Flintstones Google Logo: Yabba-Dabba Do!
- Google’s Spinning Buckyball Logo
- Video: Meet The Google Doodlers
- Insert Coin, Play Pac-Man — In The Google Logo! A 30th Anniversary Tribute
- Those Special Google Logos, Sliced & Diced, Over The Years
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.