Today is the 450th Anniversary of the St. Basil’s Cathedral, which had its groundbreaking in 1555 and was officially completed on July 12, 1561. It is a Russian Orthodox church erected on the Red Square in Moscow. The building looks like no other building in Russia and has 9 domes and 2 spires. Their official web site is at saintbasil.ru.
To commemorate the St. Basil’s Cathedral, Google has a special Google logo for its 450 anniversary.
Here is a real picture of it from Wikipedia:
More Google Logos:
- Google’s Fourth Of July Logo
- Google’s 2011 Winter & Summer Solstice Logos
- Google’s Father’s Day Logo & More 2011 Logos
- Lunar Eclipse Video, Results & Logo From Google
- Google’s Les Paul Logo: Coolest Doodle Ever?
- Richard Scarry Gets Google Logo