The St. Basil’s Cathedral Google Logo
Today is the 450th Anniversary of the St. Basil’s Cathedral, which had its groundbreaking in 1555 and was officially completed on July 12, 1561. It is a Russian Orthodox church erected on the Red Square in Moscow. The building looks like no other building in Russia and has 9 domes and 2 spires. Their official web site is at saintbasil.ru.
To commemorate the St. Basil’s Cathedral, Google has a special Google logo for its 450 anniversary.
Here is a real picture of it from Wikipedia:
More Google Logos:
- Google’s Fourth Of July Logo
- Google’s 2011 Winter & Summer Solstice Logos
- Google’s Father’s Day Logo & More 2011 Logos
- Lunar Eclipse Video, Results & Logo From Google
- Google’s Les Paul Logo: Coolest Doodle Ever?
- Richard Scarry Gets Google Logo
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.